Mythruna
May 12, 2024, 06:55:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: game opens for a split second than vanishes when opened after extracting  (Read 4631 times)
miziziziz

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2012, 01:51:08 PM »

I can open the game from the zipped folder and play fine (but it doesn't save)
but when i extract and open the game from the there, the screen for Mythruna pops up really fast and then vanishes, and then nothing happens.
Huh

Acer Laptop with Windows 7
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 02:32:47 PM »

I can open the game from the zipped folder and play fine (but it doesn't save)

You should not do this.  The game can't save anything and you will ultimately have lots of corruption and problems.  Always unzip it.

but when i extract and open the game from the there, the screen for Mythruna pops up really fast and then vanishes, and then nothing happens.
Huh
Acer Laptop with Windows 7

Which "screen for mythruna"?  Where did you unzip it?

It could be a file permission problem, I guess... but I'd need to know which screen it failed on and whether it was able to extract its DLLs etc. into the directory you unzipped it into.
miziziziz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 03:19:56 PM »

unzipped to : C:\Users\Mitra\Downloads\Mythruna-20120224-Windows
when I open that there's an icon I click on and the little window saying Mythruna with the option for resolution selection and stuff comes up

thanks for the warning about opening the zipped, redownloading now, and will retest. It kept saying 'files were changed, would you like to save them to archives", not sure if that was it attempting to save or not
miziziziz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 03:23:00 PM »

I redownloaded and it works fine now, maybe it was just a download issue... strange
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 03:32:55 PM »

I redownloaded and it works fine now, maybe it was just a download issue... strange

Yeah, strange.  But "yay" that it works now. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: