Mythruna
May 14, 2024, 06:24:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple of things I think should really be in Mythruna  (Read 13311 times)
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2013, 06:19:04 PM »

After reading several threads concerning stuff that will be in the game i immensely believe these two things should be in mythruna as I believe they would lend themselves to several things we know will be in the game:

1. A body damage system similar to that of games like Arma 2 this would lend itself alot to what we know about the player races for example avian's wings being easily damaged. Of course the body parts in the system would OBVIOUSLY vary from races to race and certain parts will endure various kinds of damage variously an example of this is all reptilian body parts will be more vulnerable to cold.

2. Anyone ever played Suikoden 2? in that game you place your sources of magic abilities: runes on your body. this relates to mythruna in the way of magical components you attach to your body. I think it would be more interesting if you lterally could decide which part of your body you put the component on examples of this include forehead hands legs and for some races even wings and tails. I think it would be especially cool if eventually these components would viable on your character model.

Paul I would greatly appreciate it if you would at least consider my ideas for being added to the games but if you decide against them that's ok too (although I do really think they should eventually be added)   

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 06:37:50 PM »

The first is already on the list anyway.

The second doesn't really work because it doesn't cover races that only get one slot... I mean, I guess it does but I don't plan to let you stick your implants just anywhere.  If I do make slots have location then it will be because the location is important... like it has to be near your heart or near your hands, depending on what it's doing.

They will be invisible to others anyway so where they are located doesn't matter from that perspective.  And given number (1), I think you wouldn't want them out in the open where they can be easily damaged anyway.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 06:57:45 PM »

i must have missed or forgotten about the first already being mentioned as for the second i will admit it's not very important i just thought it would be cool to see the components on your body and possibly damage  you opponent's components (have i said ponents enough already?) any way still good to know that a body part health system will be in the game that was my biggest concern that has come into my head currently lol your doing great keep up the good work Paul Tongue

Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 07:16:11 PM »

On top of question one... how will HP work? I think it would be cool if taking a single hit from an iron sword could nearly kill you, or a club to the back of your head literally knock you out. If you get a slash to your leg, will you limp, or even drop your weapon to grasp it in uncontrollable pain??? You should also be able to lose limbs... and toes, and fingers. That way, you can pull off your glove and shove it into someone else's face and say "I got this when the dragon attacked... bit my middle finger clean off! Said I didn't need it... to the h3ll with it!" or stuff like that XD!!!! Would be amazing to see an IG hospital where clerics will ACTUALLY be useful for healing players or NPCs that lose limbs and such... perhaps they can regrow those limbs if the player seriously wants it (And carries a bag of wealthy coins on his or her person). Would also be a good indicator like "That dude is always losing his fingers... must be getting into trouble." XD!
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 09:25:41 PM »

On top of question one... how will HP work? I think it would be cool if taking a single hit from an iron sword could nearly kill you, or a club to the back of your head literally knock you out. If you get a slash to your leg, will you limp, or even drop your weapon to grasp it in uncontrollable pain??? You should also be able to lose limbs... and toes, and fingers. That way, you can pull off your glove and shove it into someone else's face and say "I got this when the dragon attacked... bit my middle finger clean off! Said I didn't need it... to the h3ll with it!" or stuff like that XD!!!! Would be amazing to see an IG hospital where clerics will ACTUALLY be useful for healing players or NPCs that lose limbs and such... perhaps they can regrow those limbs if the player seriously wants it (And carries a bag of wealthy coins on his or her person). Would also be a good indicator like "That dude is always losing his fingers... must be getting into trouble." XD!

I plan damage to work like the runequest system where each body part has a health value but so does your overall body... so an arm can be disabled but you can still live but probably if all your limbs are 0 hp then you don't have enough overall hp to survive long.  At the same time, without a head or a body you are essentially dead anyway.

Factor into that, use of magic will drain your health (in general) so you could actually magic yourself to death (or near death).  So your health ends up being whichever is smaller of your overall health or your total body part health.

For what it's worth, I just googled "Runequest damage" and found this: http://mrqwiki.com/wiki/images/1/18/RunequestFull.pdf

...I don't know if it's as accurate or as detailed as my (now long out of print) original Runequest manual.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 09:41:21 PM »

I plan damage to work like the runequest system where each body part has a health value but so does your overall body... so an arm can be disabled but you can still live but probably if all your limbs are 0 hp then you don't have enough overall hp to survive long.  At the same time, without a head or a body you are essentially dead anyway.

Factor into that, use of magic will drain your health (in general) so you could actually magic yourself to death (or near death).  So your health ends up being whichever is smaller of your overall health or your total body part health.

For what it's worth, I just googled "Runequest damage" and found this: http://mrqwiki.com/wiki/images/1/18/RunequestFull.pdf

...I don't know if it's as accurate or as detailed as my (now long out of print) original Runequest manual.
a prominent of why i brought up the first thing is avian wing loss because as you have said Paul they are somewhat frail so in some cases i think if a player is maimed badly enough they should be able to lose limbs the easiest of which to lose is the avian's wings

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 04:26:35 AM »

Yes, that's the idea.  Lose your wings, can't fly.  Lose an arm, can't use the arm anymore... and so on.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 09:34:44 PM »

Yes, that's the idea.  Lose your wings, can't fly.  Lose an arm, can't use the arm anymore... and so on.
Hmmm but will the exception to the rule be reptilian tails growing back over time like lizards in real life?

Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 05:31:04 PM »

Hmmm but will the exception to the rule be reptilian tails growing back over time like lizards in real life?
And on top of that, will Clerics be able to made limbs grow back over a period of a few days (AKA, Cleric has to cast a spell once a day on said wound, and after... say... three days, it comes back)? I do realise it would be annoying to the player... but it get's the point across "DON'T lose your limbs!". And that doesn't stop them from wandering near the town until the next day where they need their next spell.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 05:34:30 PM »

And on top of that, will Clerics be able to made limbs grow back over a period of a few days (AKA, Cleric has to cast a spell once a day on said wound, and after... say... three days, it comes back)? I do realise it would be annoying to the player... but it get's the point across "DON'T lose your limbs!". And that doesn't stop them from wandering near the town until the next day where they need their next spell.
limb regrowing magic.... what element of magic is that spell?

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 05:44:38 PM »

limb regrowing magic.... what element of magic is that spell?
"The Hash Slinging Slasher"

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 10:50:28 PM »

There will be some way to regrow limbs... and yes, it should be 'painful' to lose a limb.

If you can die and be resurrected then there should be some way to get a limb back... but it shouldn't be easy.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2013, 05:58:04 AM »

There will be some way to regrow limbs... and yes, it should be 'painful' to lose a limb.

If you can die and be resurrected then there should be some way to get a limb back... but it shouldn't be easy.
You make a deal with that guy — over there — behind the ally. Wink
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2013, 02:26:20 PM »

Who, grandma? I think you mean that guy.... The one who just sits in the corner and stares at everyone. He has an aura of death around him, and his clothing dark. You walk closer, and he pulls his hood back... he has the face of a baby! "Aga ga goo!" he yells then plops you on the head with his magic healing baby bottle, knocking you out and healing your wound.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2013, 03:28:58 PM »

Who, grandma? I think you mean that guy.... The one who just sits in the corner and stares at everyone. He has an aura of death around him, and his clothing dark. You walk closer, and he pulls his hood back... he has the face of a baby! "Aga ga goo!" he yells then plops you on the head with his magic healing baby bottle, knocking you out and healing your wound.
So random xD
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: