Mythruna
May 09, 2024, 02:04:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: importing/exporting blueprints.  (Read 8544 times)
chessikr

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2012, 07:33:16 PM »

hello all!

so i have mythruna installed on both my home comp and my work comp, and while at work i would like to try and make blueprints while it is slow, which i would then put on a flash drive and import to my home install.

i tried doing this today in the first way that made sense (copying the xyz.bp files over), but that did not work.  the .bp files are now in the blueprints folder for my home install, but i cannot use the blueprints in-game.  also, i have made a fair amount of blueprints that i wouldn't mind sharing if such a thing is possible.

so i guess i was wondering if there are any other files i should look at transferring over, with the interest of just transferring the blueprints and not the rest of the world?
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 09:14:07 PM »

i think that the easyest way would be for you to connect to pauls server find a little area protect it and toss all your blueprints into there, that means that you can then access them when your at home and you wont have to do the complicated import exporting Tongue

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 11:21:55 PM »

From my knowledge I think all you have to do is gather the .bp files and put them where they go. or try copying the whole folder and replacing it.
Paul should answer tomorrow.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 07:48:10 AM »

hello all!

so i have mythruna installed on both my home comp and my work comp, and while at work i would like to try and make blueprints while it is slow, which i would then put on a flash drive and import to my home install.

i tried doing this today in the first way that made sense (copying the xyz.bp files over), but that did not work.  the .bp files are now in the blueprints folder for my home install, but i cannot use the blueprints in-game.  also, i have made a fair amount of blueprints that i wouldn't mind sharing if such a thing is possible.

so i guess i was wondering if there are any other files i should look at transferring over, with the interest of just transferring the blueprints and not the rest of the world?

Just catching up on my message backlog after a small vacation with the family...

The .bp files are just blueprint data files.  They still need to be associated with a "blueprint" entity in your inventory and this is trickier.

The easiest way is to use an exporter script to get a specific blueprint out (I may have posted one but if not then I can because I use it all the time).

...then use another script to import and attach them to a player.  I may have posted this also and I think there is another post about this so I will try to post more info there.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 11:22:20 PM »

hello all!

Just catching up on my message backlog after a small vacation with the family...

The .bp files are just blueprint data files.  They still need to be associated with a "blueprint" entity in your inventory and this is trickier.

The easiest way is to use an exporter script to get a specific blueprint out (I may have posted one but if not then I can because I use it all the time).

...then use another script to import and attach them to a player.  I may have posted this also and I think there is another post about this so I will try to post more info there.
After coming back home, did you instantly jump onto the computer? Smiley

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 07:16:35 AM »

Yes and no.  I got back home at 1:30 AM on Tuesday morning... I hooked the laptop back up, read critical e-mail, and went to bed.

I dealt with these posts after some sleep. Smiley
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 04:16:35 PM »

Yes and no.  I got back home at 1:30 AM on Tuesday morning... I hooked the laptop back up, read critical e-mail, and went to bed.

I dealt with these posts after some sleep. Smiley
Coming home after taking a break is ironically exhausting.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 07:47:51 PM »

Coming home after taking a break is ironically exhausting.

It can be... though in this case we went to a theme park for the weekend so spent close to four days mostly on our feet.  Coming home felt good... but lots of sleep was definitely needed. Smiley
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 08:46:54 PM »

I get the feeling at night that makes me say "STAY UP" and another part say "SLEEP". After 20-18 hours of not sleeping, I doze off on the couch. Sad Bad consequences follow like: Missing time to play games. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: