Mythruna
May 06, 2024, 07:56:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recording Gameplay  (Read 5734 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2012, 12:43:30 PM »

As I see in other gameplay videos of Mythruna, you will see no lag. When I try to record Mythruna it lags the video. I record by Pressing SHIFT + F7 (It is a windows 7 feature to play/pause.) Is there a special recorder that is used?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 12:52:52 PM »

As I see in other gameplay videos of Mythruna, you will see no lag. When I try to record Mythruna it lags the video. I record by Pressing SHIFT + F7 (It is a windows 7 feature to play/pause.) Is there a special recorder that is used?

I don't know.  I use fraps to record which limits frame rate to 30 or 60 FPS.  There is also the built in recorder I added to Mythruna some time back.  Maybe it's also on F7 (I can't remember) and so you end up starting both?

Usually FPS will be limited to 30 because video does not benefit from all of the extra wasted frames beyond 30 or 60.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 01:06:16 PM »

I thought it was a built in recorder for mythruna, but i didnt know about it. so i thought it was a build in recorder. I'll use Fraps then. Thanks
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 01:13:48 PM »

There is a built in recorder.  I have no idea what Shift F7 does, though.  If you are talking about the Mythruna recorder then it would just be F7 (if that's the key).

It will limit FPS to 30 and won't record audio.

Is that what you mean by lag?
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 01:17:39 PM »

Yes (I cannot just press F7, because it has more than one option) It did not limit it to 30 FPS, it got extreme lag, for me and for the video. Is the Built-in recorder fraps?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 01:23:26 PM »

Yes (I cannot just press F7, because it has more than one option) It did not limit it to 30 FPS, it got extreme lag, for me and for the video. Is the Built-in recorder fraps?

No, the built in recorder is built in... fraps is a separate app that costs money.

It could be just that your system cannot easily handle the load of the built in recorder.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 01:28:07 PM »

Ok, but I am still dealing with the difficulty of the "show new replies to your posts" not working. I have posted help at http://help.com/
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 01:31:29 PM »

Ok, but I am still dealing with the difficulty of the "show new replies to your posts" not working. I have posted help at http://help.com/

Not sure some random site will be able to help you with my configuration of an old version of forum software.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: