Mythruna
May 19, 2024, 01:25:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few wee bugs  (Read 7811 times)
G1ZMO
Donators

View Profile WWW
« on: November 17, 2012, 05:01:06 PM »

Just things that I've found and probably have been reported already but here they are:

1: After badge revocation the player can still create/delete within the owners stronghold.
2: You can use the Map key to automate movement. Hold W, press M, release W, Release M - Auto-walk is on until W is hit again. (works for Shift-W and Jump too )
3: (I know this is pedantic but) you can't see stars in front of the shaded/obscured part of the moon in real life so it shouldn’t be possible in game.
4: Only 1 stronghold can be created, nothing else.

Suggestion: Maybe the addition of a 'Quicklight' button to create a light while not changing the block-type would be good.
& Teleports would be great!

Any idea when the next rev is due out? My 7 year old son is happy creating stuff but I'd like to 'do' more.

Thanks Smiley

Paul

Paul

Castle G1ZmO of Scotland @ -219:569
Castle GiZmODo @ -700:623
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 05:06:57 PM »

1. After revoked badge player logs out, build prevs will be taken away
2. Its a known bug, but helpful for now, so left in
3. Is known
4. Unless server admin grants additional property, only 1 is allowed
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 05:19:14 PM »

And to add to that...

If the player edits somewhere else, like in another property then the permissions are also reset.  It's just that if they were editing in the property when you revoked the badge then they will still have it until new permissions are cached.

Server admins can also grant towns and cities... which are like strongholds but bigger and they can have sub-plots.

Regarding quick lights, generally the 'c' key to clone another block saves me here.  It has a longer reach than regular clicking so usually you can just clone the last light you placed and then place it and quickly clone the block you were placing before that.

No idea on a new rev.  I took this week off from work to work on Mythruna but I don't know what I will accomplish yet.  I want to try to put out some kind of update in December but that's a lot to do to get anything significant ready for release.
G1ZMO
Donators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 02:27:48 AM »

Thanks for the replies

Is there a list of server admin options somewhere?

Paul

Paul

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 10:59:55 AM »

Thanks for the replies

Is there a list of server admin options somewhere?

Paul

Are you running your own server?  If so then you can make yourself an admin (if you haven't already) and look at the help.  Otherwise, it sort of depends on what mods you have installed.
G1ZMO
Donators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 01:24:23 PM »

Yes Paul, I'm hosting on my lan for my son and myself to play on,

I've sussed it out now.
~giveprop ID stronghold/town/city

I've noted down the coords of the various things we've built so that we can find them easily too.

A question about ~respawn and ~TP though. Are these only available to one admin?
I am admin and can use them but I made Daniel admin also but nothing happens when he uses these commands
He's on a Windows machine as opposed to my Ubuntu machine on which the server & my client instance are running
~escape does work for him though

Cheers

Paul

Paul

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 01:26:32 PM »

Yes Paul, I'm hosting on my lan for my son and myself to play on,

I've sussed it out now.
~giveprop ID stronghold/town/city

I've noted down the coords of the various things we've built so that we can find them easily too.

A question about ~respawn and ~TP though. Are these only available to one admin?
I am admin and can use them but I made Daniel admin also but nothing happens when he uses these commands
He's on a Windows machine as opposed to my Ubuntu machine on which the server & my client instance are running
~escape does work for him though

Cheers

Paul

I'd have to look at the TP script to see how it's keyed.  I thought it just looked for the admin grant but maybe not.  No time to look right now, though.  You might be able to hack it yourself to not have the check at all.  If you don't get it sorted out then remind me in a week and I will look into it. Smiley
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 03:35:45 PM »

I've seen a few people on here playing this with their kids. It's quite funny.  Smiley Yay for kid friendly games.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 07:52:09 PM »

when this game has mobs, it would more be rated 10+ 'cause not every little kid knows how to handle games like slender Smiley
I mean it would probably be scary in alpha, and hard!
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 10:18:52 PM »

when this game has mobs, it would more be rated 10+ 'cause not every little kid knows how to handle games like slender Smiley
My little brother was 8 and he could handle FPS games with ease. He's 10 now and he beats me at playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl xD

Edit: Running around in the night only to be ambushed by a tiger in the bushes would be scary for anyone. Smiley

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 03:01:17 PM »

My little brother was 8 and he could handle FPS games with ease. He's 10 now and he beats me at playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl xD

Edit: Running around in the night only to be ambushed by a tiger in the bushes would be scary for anyone. Smiley
It would be scarier if it was a clown :-o)
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 04:05:40 PM »

It would be scarier if it was a clown :-o)
Erm... You've got me on that one. *Honk honk from bushes*

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: