Mythruna
May 10, 2024, 12:52:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heat.  (Read 3285 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2014, 08:37:14 PM »

Out of sheer boredom I'll take to elaborating on a fairly useful quirk of mine. I'm not much in the face of the sun, but heat is an element I've grown accustomed to, so much so that my body temperature is oft lower than normal.

It's rather ironic, really. I grew up til ' now with the philosophy that cold is the only truly bearable condition. It's remedied with ease. Blankets, pets... But heat is unavoidable, uncontainable. There is no blanket or simple commodity that can contain such a beast... Yet, as my family complains of heat, I relish in the sensation of a cool breeze. As they whine of humidity I only feel a warm blanket. My once sweltering room is now the only place truly warm enough for my liking.

My element is fire, that is what I elected long ago..
 But until just recently I took shelter in the likes of ice. It's summer and , realistically, I shouldn't  take comfort in 80 degree conditions. I thought it a mere trick of the mind until i realized... I don't sweat nearly as much as I used to despite it being so hot in my room. I stay hydrated, but I don't take off a soaked shirt before taking showers anymore.

A bottle of water that was sitting in the middle seat of the van for most of the trip was just passed to me but the arm securing it to my side is already chilled to the bone. I suppose I noticed this before. I used to be able to drink a glass brimming with ice water in one go, but now it may take 30 minutes to empty. It's terrifying now that I think of it. It should be an indication of a slowing metabolism, but I haven't felt any of the other symptoms of that condition. Perhaps I'm trying to find meaning in something that's actually insignificant, but that only affirms I'm human. That's... supposed to be obvious, right?

Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 10:14:16 AM »

If you still don't have symptoms after awhile, and if winter rolls around and you find yourself a whole lot colder than usual, it'd be best to check that out. And speaking of summer... This summer has been crazy in terms of temperature. Just had some 60 degree weather last month that suddenly changes to a scorching 105.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: