Mythruna
May 15, 2024, 04:25:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Redoing the Anniversary Party  (Read 13915 times)
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 11:31:08 AM »

What time is that PST? I live in California. Tongue

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 12:39:27 PM »

3 CST, 1 PST

ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2015, 12:48:58 PM »

OK.

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2015, 03:49:18 PM »

Family time today. Sorry. They don't like me being cooped up in my room all the time being isolated.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2015, 04:49:20 PM »

Welp, the redo failed too... But this time because the server lagged into oblivion and a bunch of zombie clients started crowding the server, and I kepts getting ported back to spawn
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 04:50:55 PM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2015, 04:56:55 PM »

Welp, the redo failed too... But this time because the server lagged into oblivion and a bunch of zombie clients started crowding the server, and I kepts getting ported back to spawn

Then there is a good chance you were one of the zombie clients.

When you exit the game in those situations, make sure that there isn't a left-over Java process hanging around.  That's so far the only way I consistently know of to get you ported back to spawn... logging in again while you are still logged in.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2015, 05:11:20 PM »

Then there is a good chance you were one of the zombie clients.

When you exit the game in those situations, make sure that there isn't a left-over Java process hanging around.  That's so far the only way I consistently know of to get you ported back to spawn... logging in again while you are still logged in.

That's the odd thing, I was killing java through task manager when it froze.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2015, 05:19:10 PM »

Weird.  By "froze" you mean it accepts no more input at all... totally frozen and not even repainting the screen?  Or is sound an animation still happening?
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2015, 05:25:31 PM »

Weird.  By "froze" you mean it accepts no more input at all... totally frozen and not even repainting the screen?  Or is sound an animation still happening?

Frozen as in you can't even tab out. The only way to close mythruna was to kill java. No repainting, no sound.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2015, 05:28:53 PM »

Frozen as in you can't even tab out. The only way to close mythruna was to kill java. No repainting, no sound.

How did you kill Java if you couldn't tab out?  I guess ctrl-alt-del or ctrl-shift-escape still worked?

Did memory display in the debug HUD spike before that or anything?  There are very few things that can hard-lock the whole Java process such that even sound isn't playing anymore. 

I guess there was nothing in the error log?
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2015, 05:36:40 PM »

Weird.  By "froze" you mean it accepts no more input at all... totally frozen and not even repainting the screen?  Or is sound an animation still happening?

How did you kill Java if you couldn't tab out?  I guess ctrl-alt-del or ctrl-shift-escape still worked?

Did memory display in the debug HUD spike before that or anything?  There are very few things that can hard-lock the whole Java process such that even sound isn't playing anymore.  

I guess there was nothing in the error log?

ctrl+alt+delete still worked. I opened tm from there and manually killed it. The memory usage when I killed it was actually normal, which was odd(around half a gig). No error logs either, no.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: