Mythruna
May 15, 2024, 10:14:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: News???  (Read 12334 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 08:56:46 PM »

I just have to ask, How much of the AI have you actually got done? When the day comes when you have AI that can do all of that plus the amazing land and scenes created, the game would be a new level of rpg gaming. It will be EPIC.  Shocked

Not as much as I'd like.  I have a system designed that can do basic reasoning and I've mapped out how the level of detail will work regarding AI with the player around versus AI with the player far away.  (multi-tiered AI for the win.)  You can read about some of this in other threads, I think.

... but before any of that can work, I need the "AI primitives", ie: the things that can take simple commands like "walk to point X" and act on them appropriately with the right feed-back when it's taking too long, etc..  In fact, incorporating the action planning into the path finding is one of the hardest nuts I have to crack.  For some of this, I have designs but needed some other bits and pieces working before I could try it out.

I have to fully flesh out a few AI personalities and then make them work in whatever way I can and then iterate a few times simplifying the layers.  Then we'll really start to see some interesting things.  They will make much more interesting videos if they work.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 09:50:22 PM »

Paul, I've got to say. You're one of the best game-creators I've met so far. Mainly because you keep us up to date, and fill us in with all of these crazy ideas/realities. Your AI is what I've dreamed of in games Cheesy And now you've got a basic structure down. Smiley

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 09:57:19 PM »

Paul, I've got to say. You're one of the best game-creators I've met so far. Mainly because you keep us up to date, and fill us in with all of these crazy ideas/realities. Your AI is what I've dreamed of in games Cheesy And now you've got a basic structure down. Smiley

Thanks.  Hopefully I succeed.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: