Mythruna
May 10, 2024, 11:18:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Personal Notes  (Read 11307 times)
Stickman Sham

"I did it! I took the boots!"

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2013, 10:59:58 PM »

This thread is for smaller details that I have picked up in the ten total hours of being logged in.

1. I've noticed from friends who I've introduced Mythruna to, and they've told me very positive. They also pointed out that the movement system looks kinda dingy, and I agree. The character kinda walks too slow and contrasts by jumping very quickly and somewhat choppily. I'd recommend increasing the movement speed and making jumping smoother.

2. Somewhere along the lines, I moved W for forward in video game controls to S, and moving back to X. It works for me, and I'm betting that Mythruna doesn't have custom controls. Excuse me if I'm wrong, but it would be a good feature.

3. I think its just cosmetic, but the shadows look a little bit overpowering. When you look over at mountains, everything looks good except the shadows, because every shadow seems too defined. I'd recommend blending the difference between shadow and light.

4. I didn't see 'animal life' in the High Level Roadmap, so Animal Life would be great. I can already see birds, wolves in the combat system, dogs/cats that you can domesticate, and everything inbetween. Sounds solid for a future update. Wink

Lastly 5. I've been looking at the ingame fire, and I think that there should be a bigger fire variant that takes up more horizontal and vertical space, and also colored fire.

just as a smaller note to Paul directly: Once you make combat, don't make it really push-over like. I've seen sandbox games with combat that doesn't click. I'm looking at you, Minecraft!

Just needed to get that off my conscience, as its good to toss these things out there. Wink
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:03:38 PM by Stickman Sham » Logged

“It’s like, ‘hell yeah, I’m all stoked for this lasagna,’ and then you nuke it and the cheese gets all scabby on top and it’s like eating a scab, you know?” - Jesse Pinkman
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 11:37:20 PM »

The walking speed is 3 m/sec which is the same speed as in Minecraft and is (in real life) a really good jog.  The issue here is that if you walk too fast then you run even faster... then you outrun the terrain pager and start walking on thin air.  Worse yet, I have nowhere to go for even faster things.

When jumping was slower, people complained that it felt like they were floating.  So I'm going to have to use the "can't please everyone all the time" excuse.
Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 11:40:43 PM »

That makes sense, personally the walking was a minor note to me compaired to the jumping, so whatever works is good. That is why its a personal note, not a direct recommendation. Tongue
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:45:32 PM by Stickman Sham » Logged

“It’s like, ‘hell yeah, I’m all stoked for this lasagna,’ and then you nuke it and the cheese gets all scabby on top and it’s like eating a scab, you know?” - Jesse Pinkman
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 12:24:57 AM »

I didn't take any offense.  The walk speed thing comes up from time to time.

Regarding wild life, there will be some.  It isn't called out specifically in the "high level roadmap" but is hinted at:
-mountains, deserts, tundras (including temperate-specific flora and fauna)

It's kind of subtle, though:

Suffice it to say that there will be wildlife... and other things. Smiley
theamericono

AMERICA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 05:26:16 AM »

i dont like the idea of chancing the controls  form    wasd  because if ur a gamer these are the controls u basicly grow up with
plus its easier to use wsad
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 05:46:17 AM »

No, in-game control changing would be nice is what he meant.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 12:04:20 PM »

Eventually there will be a way to change the key mappings, etc... but I haven't implemented it yet for a few reasons:
1) because it's a lot of effort for relatively little reward at this point.  Many other things take precedence.
2) the things you could map keys to would change a lot and I'd have to reset your mappings periodically.  Usually this makes people angrier than not having mappings at all. Smiley
Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 02:35:05 PM »

Yeah, I don't know how I found SADX as my movement layout, but it works. I wonder if there could be a console cmd ingame, where you put in
/bind s +forward and /bind x +back or something along those lines, and they could create a script that sets all custom controls after it is executed to avert constant remapping.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 03:26:29 PM »

Yeah, I don't know how I found SADX as my movement layout, but it works. I wonder if there could be a console cmd ingame, where you put in
/bind s +forward and /bind x +back or something along those lines, and they could create a script that sets all custom controls after it is executed to avert constant remapping.

Pretty sure I already posted a mod script for changing key mappings in another thread.  It was for mapping to an AZERTY keyboard (French) I think.
Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 03:28:35 PM »

I'll check that out

Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 08:39:28 PM »

Will this work work in Mythruna?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 10:28:37 PM »

I think in this case you will need to delete the old mappings.  So you can add inputManager.deleteMapping( CAM_FORWARD ) and inputManager.deleteMapping( CAM_BACK )
...before adding the new mappings.
Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 11:29:40 PM »

Will do. I went into that on my vista laptop (which does not work for mythruna but I installed it to find out) and went into that after downloading the AZERTY keyboard.

Stickman Sham

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 02:58:56 PM »

Quote from: Stickman Sham - New .UI String
inputManager.deleteMapping( CAM_FORWARD )
inputManager.deleteMapping( CAM_BACK )
inputManager.addMapping( CAM_FORWARD, new KeyTrigger(KeyInput.KEY_S) );
inputManager.addMapping( CAM_BACK, new KeyTrigger(KeyInput.KEY_X) );

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 07:18:35 PM »

Stickman do you mind me adding this to the Mythruna API? PS: Either way I am stealing it Tongue
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: