Mythruna
May 06, 2024, 07:47:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Things I'd like to share with you  (Read 16675 times)
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 05:13:36 PM »

BTW, did I say to Paul about the HP vs. HP thing? (Health points versus hit points.) I know this is the wrong thread to post this... but I wanna ask before I start a new thread asking about it in case I hadn't asked.

I don't even really understand the question.  A lot of games seem to use those interchangeably.
Ah, so I haven't told you yet. That's why I asked. I have a whole system I want to share with you, because I think it might fit Mythruna and would be AWESOME if it could become part of Mythruna! I'm going to post what I mean by the differences (In said system) on another thread to keep this thread consistent... sorry for the interruption normal people! *Starts working on other thread*
Well, there was this thread:
http://mythruna.com/forum/index.php?topic=1684.msg15496#msg15496
Ahh... not even close to what I mean Paul. But thanks for bringing that up. Cheesy. Would be so awwweesoooommeeeEE!E!!!!....
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2014, 04:03:23 PM »

Paul, you should check out the crafting system in 7daystodie. Actually you should play the game for homework to see what they have made work and what you dont like about their engine. They have put a whole lot of work into it since their kickstarter ended. http://7daystodie.com/

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 07:49:26 PM »

Paul, you should check out the crafting system in 7daystodie. Actually you should play the game for homework to see what they have made work and what you dont like about their engine. They have put a whole lot of work into it since their kickstarter ended. http://7daystodie.com/

Someone pointed me to this game before.  I kind of despise zombie games at this point and don't have that much money for games these days.  I limit my game spending to games I can play with my son or games that I really really want to play.  This doesn't look like it falls into either category unfortunately. Smiley

I went to the wiki and the crafting looks like it's recipe-based.  So put n random ingredients in, get something else out.  Is there more to it than that?

I also saw that block making kind of seems to work this way, too.  Like x pieces of plywood and you can make a shingles block or whatever.  For blocks, Mythruna will work something like that someday.  If you have the raw materials and know the skill then you can make these non-elemental blocks like shingles, W&D, etc..  Your build wand will let you manipulate raw materials but to learn to combine them will require skills.  This may be one case where I allow self-learning to some extent... where if you suck up enough of a particular block type then maybe you can learn it.  But it's been a long week and that may be crazy talk.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:12:03 PM by pspeed » Logged
BigredRm
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 04:15:01 PM »

I'm a zombie/survival game lover still. You basically correct in your assessment though. Hope this week goes by smoother for ya.

BigredRm
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2014, 10:29:25 AM »

I broke down and ordered the oculus Dev Kit 2.Wish it was July. Way to go Sony for jumping into the VR space.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2014, 11:21:20 AM »

I broke down and ordered the oculus Dev Kit 2.Wish it was July. Way to go Sony for jumping into the VR space.

Smiley

Yeah, can't wait to see what the Sony resources produce.  Interesting times ahead.
BigredRm
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 07:12:17 AM »

and now Facebooks resources.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2014, 12:13:05 PM »

and now Facebooks resources.

Yep... many people don't realize that this saved Occulus, really.  I look forward to seeing what happens as big players (three now) want to push this into a commodity hardware situation.  I've been hearing "VR is the future!" for like 20 years or more now but it may actually be true this time. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: