Mythruna
May 16, 2024, 05:06:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Object causes camera to break?  (Read 4363 times)
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« on: February 29, 2012, 12:54:00 PM »

I'm taking a picture of my genetics lab but I also need to fly, well I made an object and flew myself in the air with it (carefully) And it didn't crash. New update caused camera to act better?

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 01:33:55 PM »

I'm taking a picture of my genetics lab but I also need to fly, well I made an object and flew myself in the air with it (carefully) And it didn't crash. New update caused camera to act better?

Yeah, that's probably true.  The messaging that caused that issue has all been changed and may have fixed that problem.  I've seen a completely different one where objects that still exist sometimes disappear... but usually it's only for fast moving things from the physics engine (which is hobbling along using the old object movement for now).
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 02:03:07 PM »

Yea, I risked it all and decided to send the object flying around and move a bit faster when standing on it, no problem with it! The only problems I had was falling through it from the server not updating the object placement as fast as the client (Slightly slower on the server)

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 09:40:47 AM »

Yea, I risked it all and decided to send the object flying around and move a bit faster when standing on it, no problem with it! The only problems I had was falling through it from the server not updating the object placement as fast as the client (Slightly slower on the server)

Movement is 100% done on the server.  The client says "I want this object here" and the server says "Ok, now this object is here."  Client doesn't update without server as there is no prediction for object movement.

More likely what you are seeing are little lag jumps where you receive a burst of movement messages, thus the object ends up moving faster than your character does for a second.  Same results: latency = falling. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: