Mythruna
May 16, 2024, 01:30:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: mythruna is what minecraft should have been.  (Read 23748 times)
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 08:41:09 AM »

Please don't use this thread as Pro/Contra piracy thread.

@topic

Minecraft lacks a lot of awesome stuff Myhtuna has. When I play MC I hate not being able to place pillars, miniblock creations and whatnot. Thats a serious pain in the a** and thats why Myhtruna will beat MC when its done. Paul can do what he wants without tons of 8-12 years old whiners. Our small but fine community here is much more grown up than the kiddycommunity mojang has to deal with.
So its a much better atmosphere and that will create a game we will all be proud of as we supported it from the beginning.

... my 2 cents

Btw, You're whining about minecraft right now Grin. Also about the piracy stuff, My big brother gave minecraft (Cracked) to me and I didn't really know it was bad. He bought the game though. And also you have a bad review. Minecraft is a great game, and Mythruna only has a small amount of that "Awesome Stuff" Minecraft doesn't have. Mythruna currently has a head start of those good things. Once Mythruna ever becomes famous, guess who will have the kiddy community? Oh yea WE will (Almost you will lol). And everyone, don't start insulting minecraft. BECAUSE Mythruna EVOLVED from minecraftish sandbox free-roam. If you'd say that then you'd be also calling Mythruna stupid xD. That's why I like both, herp derp. Anyway, Minecraft should stay how it is because it is a great game still being developed by a great team. Mythruna is going to be a great game people will enjoy, and since it has a great creator who has a good attitude about coding, it too will become something special most games don't have. But right now mythruna reminds me of a blocky skyrim (Heheh)

Edit: And let's stop arguing, It won't get us anywhere other than "I will win the argument!" even though humans have a natural urge to argue xD.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:46:25 AM by Moonkey » Logged

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 09:08:56 AM »

The 8-12 yr. olds will come, if the game does well, but at least Mythruna will have started out supported by more mature people, and that will show, I think.  Smiley

Mythruna's world is block-based, but that doesn't mean it got much direct inspiration from Minecraft. To hear Paul talk, you'd think he gets more of what he won't to do from Minecraft. Wink
To sorta refute your argument, an insult to oranges isn't necessarily an insult to apples, even though they are both carbon-based life, plants, fruits, etc.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 12:30:10 PM »

Still, Mythruna wouldn't be here if minecraft wasn't Tongue.

Edit: InfiniMiner too.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:34:25 PM by Moonkey » Logged

randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 12:56:44 PM »

Please tell me exactly where I was pro piracy? But regardless, I just think notch was a bit lazy near the ending of his work on minecraft. e.g. Has to work on AI, works on snow golems. I agree they're pretty cool, but still.  Another factor is instead of toggling chest open/close, he makes the game check every second if a chest is open... As some of you might now I'm coding a chatting engine, and a few weeks ago I was adding a "This user is typing" function, so people could know when the user was typing... so how I made it work was I made the users list.. that were connected temporarily changed to EX:Ender64 - Typing. At first I used the same route as notch. I made the server ping the users every second to see if they were typing... obviously this led to major performance issues. SOOO instead I made the user send a packet saying they were typing WHEN they started actually typing, and then another one for when they stopped. So my point is notch does not pick good options when coding, and if lets say Mojang made a Minecraft2 then I would enjoy it if they actually made a well preforming game.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 02:07:43 PM »

Or you have a piece of crud computer that doesn't know how to perform minecraft correctly.  Roll Eyes . I get 40-80 FPS On Far/Fancy/Smooth lighting. Tongue I have a Dell XPS M1710, Nvidia Geforce Go 7950 Cheesy. Overheating  Cry

And guess what else... IT'S A GAMING LAPTOP lol.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 02:10:13 PM by Moonkey » Logged

randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 07:44:27 PM »

I get around 40-60 too... BUT THATS WHAT MW3 gets... and tell me does minecraft even begin to comprehend the graphics level that MW3 is?
Plus Like I said he coded it poorly doesn't matter what kind of computer I have... minecraft is JUST POORLY CODED...
caesar
Forum's Janitor
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 12:47:30 AM »

@Moonkey:
As I play MC I like MC a lot, but I hate the fact not being able to create the miniblock stuff. Thats no whining in my optinion and I have never said that MC is shit or anything similar. I just would love to have miniblock creations in there  Wink

Have you read that the bukkit team joined Mojang? In my opionion great news as I have a private server for my girl an me running. Hopefully there will be some new neat fatures Smiley

@Sleeper
My 'please stop' post was not posted directly to you. It was a general post to get the thread back on topic. Otherwise I would have quoted your post.

Sometimes the textures pack drop your fps, that could be a reason. On the other hand my girl has some problems with mc regardless if using a pack or not... will have to take a closer look there.

randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 02:43:25 AM »

Oh, my mistake, sorry for raging at you. Minecraft runs fine on my computer, it is a great game... and I really love it. But regardless it's just poorly coded notch uses bad methods of completing tasks AKA making minecraft check every second if a chest is open.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 08:10:38 AM »

You do know notch doesn't do all the coding though right  Wink . Get them facts right brotha. I just hate how they coded auto-saving every 3 seconds, it gets on my nerves... Walk around and it keeps freezing *RAGE MODE*  Angry .

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 09:39:05 AM »

You do know notch doesn't do all the coding though right  Wink . Get them facts right brotha. I just hate how they coded auto-saving every 3 seconds, it gets on my nerves... Walk around and it keeps freezing *RAGE MODE*  Angry .

Notch did all of the initial coding, for good or ill.  Sometimes early design decisions force decisions later.  For example, implementing networking late has caused them no end of reworking and grief.  Still, I can't fault them.  Getting code to any state of completion is nearly impossible as it is.  The fact that any software works at all is pretty amazing, really.

Regarding saving: this is one benefit to Mythruna's entity system.  It saves as you go... all the time.  Oh, and I did networking only two months into development so the systems are pretty uniform.  Makes my life easier that single player and multiplayer are running 95% identical code.
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 01:37:54 PM »

Cheesy YAY, Paul agrees with me Smiley. And by the way Paul... How easy is it going to be to install MP mods on the final version... will it be annoying like in Minecraft? Cuz I would love it if it was like MW2 where the Client is also the host... So installing MP mods will be like installing SP mods Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 01:56:11 PM »

Cheesy YAY, Paul agrees with me Smiley. And by the way Paul... How easy is it going to be to install MP mods on the final version... will it be annoying like in Minecraft? Cuz I would love it if it was like MW2 where the Client is also the host... So installing MP mods will be like installing SP mods Smiley

Right now (and for the foreseeable future), installing mods is dropping a file in a directory.

Now that there is a stand-alone server UI, eventually you will be able to install and enable plug-ins right from the user interface.  And mods that were available in the Mythruna "mod store" will be downloadable at runtime.  So if you connect to server X and it requires the "Giant Elephant mod" and it's free or you've already paid for it (to the author of the mod through Mythruna's mod store) then it can be automatically downloaded at that time.

Even though all of the code is the same, I will probably always leave running a server as a separate "exe".  I think in the long run it ends up being less confusing for the users and better sets me up to manage "listed" servers separately.
Evtal

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 02:15:09 PM »

Notch approves of Minecraft cracked, if you haven't read. also, is there automatic updates to your game?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 02:26:45 PM »

Notch approves of Minecraft cracked, if you haven't read. also, is there automatic updates to your game?

No automatic updates, yet.  It's too hard to keep that maintained this early in the game... but eventually.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 02:48:03 PM »

@Evtal: No, I hadn't read. Can you give me a link?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: