Mythruna
May 04, 2024, 04:01:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to fix a circuit  (Read 12524 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 10:54:03 AM »

Yeah, that's usually not a good idea.
I am currently chatting with an xbox support agent, unfortunately i was hoping they would sell a new front circuit board, but of course they're jacked up and don't sell pieces individually.

EDIT: The support was crap.
Haha I could have saved you some time* and told you that!  Grin
Might try contacting again and asking for someone who knows about the dang actual xbox from the inside, just not how to use it Tongue
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 05:18:39 PM »

Haha! Turns out that the optical drive is so essential it won't work without it o.o I never did short out anything, all I had to do was put the optical back in. And if you can help, my optical drive for da xbox will get stuck and I have to get something to open it with.. how will I correctly clean the dirt out of an optical drive?
~PS: Taking apart my old laptop, seeing if that optical drive fits it (I doubt it).
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 05:28:04 PM »

The slim drives fit like a glove with a little modification, but I don't know if they will work with the Xbox. Maybe you can make a little handle that can let you manually open and close the drive.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 05:46:52 PM »

The slim drives fit like a glove with a little modification, but I don't know if they will work with the Xbox. Maybe you can make a little handle that can let you manually open and close the drive.
The xbox has two ports for it to connect, my optical drive has only one port to connect, and is much larger than the two xbox ports combined. I guess I will take it all apart and sell Cheesy
Stickman Sham

"I did it! I took the boots!"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 02:56:33 PM »

Don't consider that just yet, I remember I had that problem because I messed with the button switch by pushing it out from the inside because I took out the panel and the pusher couldn't activate the switch because it was mispositioned. That might not be the case here, but I'm just throwing that out here.

“It’s like, ‘hell yeah, I’m all stoked for this lasagna,’ and then you nuke it and the cheese gets all scabby on top and it’s like eating a scab, you know?” - Jesse Pinkman
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 08:55:15 PM »

Don't consider that just yet, I remember I had that problem because I messed with the button switch by pushing it out from the inside because I took out the panel and the pusher couldn't activate the switch because it was mispositioned. That might not be the case here, but I'm just throwing that out here.
Yeah I did that too xD
I fixed it by stacking items atop (like 4 hammers/mallets) and let it sit for about 30 mins and it got re-positioned.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: