Mythruna
May 06, 2024, 04:27:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just Cause 2  (Read 6959 times)
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2013, 01:20:16 PM »

If anyone has ever played JC2 here, then you would know that it doesn't have multiplayer.

Well, a group of guys decided to make a mod. Called JC2-MP (Just Cause 2 - Multiplayer) which adds what it sounds like. They have weekend tests every 2 weeks or so that go on for 48 hours. and they have beta-IRC tests. (You have to be in the IRC to know when one goes on). And the script in testing is called "Faction wars". You create a faction and set out to capture bases and towns! Currently, there were only about 40-30 people on the test since it was IRC only (That's alot considering). But when the 48 hour tests go on they have 1000+ people on at one time. I have a picture of me on the faction test with me and about 7-6 people in heli's about to raid the island! Just ended a few minutes ago too. https://www.jc-mp.com/

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 02:49:35 PM »

Cool! I just bought it in the summer sale for $3.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 03:21:35 AM »

Cool! I just bought it in the summer sale for $3.

Same here, my current PC just can't handle it though. Sad

belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 07:44:49 AM »

I've had it for a long time, but I just don't like how often they let people play the mod. Maybe I'll try it later. JC2 is a very good looking game, would be fun MP but I might get annoyed by all the scorpios running around.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 07:49:24 AM »

I played it. It was fun. I am done with it though.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 01:58:07 PM »

I've had it for a long time, but I just don't like how often they let people play the mod. Maybe I'll try it later. JC2 is a very good looking game, would be fun MP but I might get annoyed by all the scorpios running around.
That's another thing, you can change your skin with in-game money that you earn from races, or killing people in the free-roam part of the mod. In faction-wars the faction leader can change the skin the entire faction wears. Pretty cool.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: