Mythruna
May 09, 2024, 02:18:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Praise, questions, ideas.  (Read 3682 times)
Stromm

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2013, 07:13:33 AM »

1st let me say that this is an awesome game, very nice job so far.  Building objects and being able to save them is really cool.  Is there a way to scale the objects?  Looks like the object design window is a scaled down version of building in the game.  If there is not a way, it would be nice so you could build something like a guard house and save it to place in the game.

Is there a way to delete multiple blocks at once?  I was looking for a very large flat area but was unable to find one so I made one.  Took quite some time clearing all those blocks and especially the trees.

Sometimes I want to get airborne to work on something (like adding something midway up a finished guard tower) and I don't see an easy way to do it.  I can build a column straight up and then out but it is difficult building out from there unless I'm close enough to build out from a nearby structure.  It would be good if there was a block you could use to build straight out from your feet like a scaffold block or something.  It could have properties that allow it to be easily used to build straight up (without the player slipping off the side) and then straight out.

Great game and keep up the good work!
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 09:01:15 AM »

Welcome to Mythruna and its companion forums!

I don't normally play around with this version, but last i checked there wasn't flying. I also don't think there is mass block deleting either.

If you think this is awesome, look at his plans: http://mythruna.com/forum/index.php?topic=502.0 (i keep this favorited)

This also helps:http://mythruna.com/forum/index.php?topic=1084.0

Enjoy your stay. If you're gonna build stuff, make sure you share some cool pics!

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 12:51:33 PM »

Welcome.

I kind of walk a fine line between having the current version of the game be frustrating and sucking all of the fun out of it.  Sometimes the fact that things are a little hard makes them more fun (ultimately) and increases the pride in accomplishment.  There are so few barriers at this point anyway.  If we can just fly around and click wherever we want then the I feel like things devolve into a 3D pixel editor.

Mostly, I don't want to waste too much time at this stage on the pure creative mode.

To your thoughts on prefab buildings... that's a little different as buildings will likely never be "objects" in that sense.  It would just be too expensive to allow in general.  That being said, I already use the blueprint editor to define my building templates for the randomly generated buildings.  So maybe something like this makes it into the full game someday.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: