Mythruna
May 17, 2024, 08:08:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Music goofing...  (Read 24154 times)
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2012, 02:49:38 PM »

The battle music sounds like PotC. You know, with Captain Jack Sparrow [Or mah dad [Not really but looks like him]]! They have an online game for it, and they use a lot of music like this, so whenever I hear stuff like this, it reminds me of pirates. xD
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2012, 02:51:37 PM »

I recently beefed up my sound library and sound plug-ins for my home studio.  Normally, I painstakingly compose the orchestral scores by hand but it gets painful so I finally invested in an actual midi keyboard controller so I don't have to fire up my synths all the way across the room just to record some notes.  It's harder to experiment that way, too.  Anyway, first midi controller didn't work but the second one from m-audio did so I engrossed myself goofing around all night.

Here is the Mythruna them done almost "Pirates of the Carribean" style:
http://mythruna.com/temp/m-audio-goofing.mp3

It's got some problems but it was kind of fun.  Maybe I can clean it up and use it as battle music sometime.
Ooh yeah XD...
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2012, 02:52:08 PM »

The battle music sounds like PotC. You know, with Captain Jack Sparrow [Or mah dad [Not really but looks like him]]! They have an online game for it, and they use a lot of music like this, so whenever I hear stuff like this, it reminds me of pirates. xD
what kinda pirates Wink
SKINNYfatSHORTtallWEIRDnormalSTUPIDsmartFUNNYboringUGLYcuteCOURAGEOUSscaredDEADalive.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2012, 03:02:15 PM »

what kinda pirates Wink
[SKINNYfatSHORTtall][WEIRDnormal][STUPIDsmartFUNNYboring][UGLYcute][COURAGEOUSscared][DEADalive].
ANYweirdSTUPIDFUNNYanyCOURAGEOUSaive.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2012, 03:05:36 PM »

Also, I'd love to help Paul, with the music, but I don't think I'm even close to your standards, and you seem to have it pretty good! PLUS I'm a bit aways from you, and I don't have a studio xD
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2012, 03:22:06 PM »

my standards?
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2012, 03:33:18 PM »

Pretty sure he was talking to paul
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2012, 03:37:47 PM »

wait lol i didn't know what post we were on Tongue
Thanos

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2012, 04:08:15 PM »

I'm not sure which song you are referring to.  If it's the battle music... that is already using a very expensive set of sounds.  If there's a problem with a string sound then it's in the phrasing/composition.  The second song (the main theme) is using a bunch of crappy free sounds.

For final mix-down, I will be handing the music over to a real sound engineer... he will probably also use his set of orchestra sounds, though I'd expect them to be similar.  I used to think I knew how to mix down until I heard his work.  Now I don't try very hard at it since I know it will sound better later. Smiley

I worry most about the composition... so all other points noted.

I was referring to the battle music. The plugins are really cool already although they could be more shined up but thats the engineer's job and this isn't even mastered so...My personal taste comes to orchestration and mixing. I'd Like to hear the timpanies louder with more reverb or ambience. Try to experiment with eq and hall reverb stuff. The snare percussion should be a little louder too in my opinion. The composition is good, everytime i listen to this im having dejavus like Ive heared that dorian tune before but i cant remember when or where Tongue ( I know this is an arrangement of the slow theme with the flute but im having dejavus at that one too Tongue )

The main tribal theme sounds like its made using default midi output Tongue Again some strings in the background seem confusing to me maybe the timing isn't what i would expect to hear but anyway the tunes are more than ok its just i had to say something as a musician  Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 04:24:15 PM by Thanos » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2012, 04:43:41 PM »

and do i mind to ask what program you use to make your audio?

Reaper.  http://www.reaper.fm/
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2012, 06:37:52 PM »

Paul, you are my hero. I always wanted to mix music on my computer, but the few free programs i could find were either very limited as a trial or very limited in general. this looks amazing.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2012, 05:27:37 PM »

i just wanted to add in on how important music can be to the game, i got superbrothers: sword and sorcery not long ago and its not really a game, to me its a music album and you only play the game to visit a new area to unlock a new song the game aspect is over shadowed by the music, im just saying this because it might give you some inspiration for some of your other songs for mythruna, jim guthrie did the soundtrack and yeah just thought i should mention this encase you havnt heard it :p

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2012, 12:38:34 AM »

i just wanted to add in on how important music can be to the game, i got superbrothers: sword and sorcery not long ago and its not really a game, to me its a music album and you only play the game to visit a new area to unlock a new song the game aspect is over shadowed by the music, im just saying this because it might give you some inspiration for some of your other songs for mythruna, jim guthrie did the soundtrack and yeah just thought i should mention this encase you havnt heard it :p
You... YOU... *opens folder with Swords and Sworcery music*

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2012, 01:33:56 AM »

i did do that :p its in my itunes haha i do that with lots of games with good soundtracks xD

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: