Mythruna
May 19, 2024, 09:11:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: News???  (Read 12355 times)
Teknonick

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2012, 04:21:25 PM »

So Paul, what have you been up to recently? If your having trouble on what to do next (Thats funny) I can help you with Ideas... But then you would NEVER get your game done.... EVER..... EVER, EVER, EVER.... ever......
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 04:31:05 PM »

that is some very small writing :p WHO FINDS THIS ANNOYING XD

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 04:35:50 PM »

that is some very small writing :p WHO FINDS THIS ANNOYING XD
Yes, it is so EVER EVER ever so small! And how is it annoying? Its only a SMALL annoyance :3
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 05:51:30 PM »

I have a huge impossible road map to implement... so I never run out of things to do.

AI is what I'm working on and it's a big job.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 06:02:07 PM »

I have a huge impossible road map to implement... so I never run out of things to do.

Yay AI! I know, The Not To Be Named Game, HE had to hire an AI guy to do it for HIM. I understand that that will be a LONG while...
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 08:15:17 PM »

Yay AI! I know, The Not To Be Named Game, HE had to hire an AI guy to do it for HIM. I understand that that will be a LONG while...

The last time I played that other game, the creatures were just player-seeking-missiles.  They'd jump right off the side of a cliff to get to you.

I want to have NPCs that get up in the morning, go to work, eat lunch, go home, go to sleep... repair their house if it's busted, buy materials if they run out, etc...   That requires a pretty well-formed AI system.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 10:23:28 PM »

The last time I played that other game, the creatures were just player-seeking-missiles.  They'd jump right off the side of a cliff to get to you.

I want to have NPCs that get up in the morning, go to work, eat lunch, go home, go to sleep... repair their house if it's busted, buy materials if they run out, etc...   That requires a pretty well-formed AI system.

Don't forget: "Wake up, eat breakfast, goto work, go home, fight dragon at door-step, fus-ro-da, sleep with steel helmet on a prison bed."

Edit: If that game was Minecraft: Good thing in 1.0 they made enemies find paths to get to you/beat down your door. (<Zombies Cheesy)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:25:28 PM by Moonkey » Logged

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 10:54:19 PM »

Edit: If that game was Minecraft: Good thing in 1.0 they made enemies find paths to get to you/beat down your door. (<Zombies Cheesy)

Yeah, in my case it was a looong time ago.  On a friend's server, I'd built a James Bond-villain style base in the side of a mountain cliff... it had a huge glass window that looked down on the beach below.  At night you could sit and watch the zombies and creepers falling past the windows to their deaths.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 10:23:32 AM »

Yeah, in my case it was a looong time ago.  On a friend's server, I'd built a James Bond-villain style base in the side of a mountain cliff... it had a huge glass window that looked down on the beach below.  At night you could sit and watch the zombies and creepers falling past the windows to their deaths.
YAY! That is EXACTLY what I was hoping fore (The other post before this) and yeah, he got past them jumping off... Now they will jump down and land in front of the windows and THEN get smacked off by ya FISTS... They really need to UP the AI to what your going for :3
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 10:41:24 AM »

YAY! That is EXACTLY what I was hoping fore (The other post before this) and yeah, he got past them jumping off... Now they will jump down and land in front of the windows and THEN get smacked off by ya FISTS... They really need to UP the AI to what your going for :3

No.  I think they need to stop adding stuff and just rest on their laurels now. Smiley   Heheh.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 10:52:55 AM »

No.  I think they need to stop adding stuff and just rest on their laurels now. Smiley   Heheh.
Well, if you hurry up (I know its immpossible because its not your job) then maybe they will surrender :3
ahmadsal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 02:01:20 PM »

that would surely make it a bit easier for you, wouldn't it?  Wink
PignutPie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 05:00:05 PM »

My dog is a bacon-seeking-missile, having recently just hurt his leg by jumping off a platform to get to the neighbor's barbecue which featured bacon, so I don't think it is unreasonable to have a couple of NPCs who are neither motivated by habit or "long-term" goals - you know, like surviving to the end of the day. But yes, AI for the rest of them must be a bitch. Best of luck!
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 06:15:57 PM »

My dog is a bacon-seeking-missile, having recently just hurt his leg by jumping off a platform to get to the neighbor's barbecue which featured bacon, so I don't think it is unreasonable to have a couple of NPCs who are neither motivated by habit or "long-term" goals - you know, like surviving to the end of the day. But yes, AI for the rest of them must be a bitch. Best of luck!

Yes, of course, there will be some random spawns that are created just for you to battle.  Mostly not, though.

Actually, the plan is to have prey-animals be random encounter spawns but have predator animals (like wolves, grue-lizards, etc.) have actual dens/camps/nests and a reasonable pack behavior.  The random spawns will be based on terrain and the game will know (when the player isn't there) how much forest will spawn deer+rabbits+etc to feed the local wolf pack.  But if you were to burn down most of the forest then the game should know that the wolves cannot be properly fed and then there is a chance they start raiding the local town or being more aggressive to travelers. 

The AI should be multi-tiered so that in this case, the AI can calculate the pack behavior without having to worry about the individual animal... in the same way that a town will still function even when the player is gone but won't be using a ton of CPU time to do it.  So the wolves exist somewhere between totally random spawn and fully named and tracked entity.  But they still have lives, goals, relationships, etc... if you carry lots of bacon, maybe they seek you out like a missile.  Then again, maybe you use the bacon to tame one that will be be your friend. Smiley
ahmadsal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 07:50:16 PM »

I just have to ask, How much of the AI have you actually got done? When the day comes when you have AI that can do all of that plus the amazing land and scenes created, the game would be a new level of rpg gaming. It will be EPIC.  Shocked
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: