Mythruna
May 05, 2024, 04:35:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm making a website..  (Read 6382 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2013, 09:20:54 PM »

Yea guys I've been making an MC website lately, (and when Mythruna is alpha, i will make a mythruna site.) and I want your guys' opinion on the site as it is in it's current state (like things that aren't so good about it, what the spoofs are.) and I would just let you know that this is not what works:

Staff page
Donate page
Forum page - (HELP! Having trouble installing SMF! Do i need an older version to support PHP 5.2 or something?)

Login and Registration - (I need to find a 5.2 php tutorial, not a 5.3 php tutorial. :/)

Anyways guys thx for the help and tell me what you think, and if you want me to build you a website I will try :3

site: http://shzylocraft.comli.com/
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 01:23:57 PM by Shzylo » Logged
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 11:33:20 PM »

I'm almost done with my advanced web design class and I still don't know how to use php. But at least I know how to make a website that looks like it is from the late 90's.
THANK YOU MR. SHERMAN.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 04:41:06 AM »

and I want your guys' opinion on the site as it is in it's current state

What's the URL?

nh_99
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 06:36:26 AM »

Yea guys I've been making an MC website lately, (and when Mythruna is alpha, i will make a mythruna site.) and I want your guys' opinion on the site as it is in it's current state (like things that aren't so good about it, what the spoofs are.) and I would just let you know that this is not what works:

Staff page
Donate page
Forum page - (HELP! Having trouble installing SMF! Do i need an older version to support PHP 5.2 or something?)

Login and Registration - (I need to find a 5.2 php tutorial, not a 5.3 php tutorial. :/)

Anyways guys thx for the help and tell me what you think, and if you want me to build you a website I will try :3
For SMF it can sometimes depend on who you are hosting the website with. Some places have parts of the installer that you have to manually remove. Otherwise it would just be like any tutorial for it you see online, you upload it and run the installer.ß
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 01:24:10 PM »

and I want your guys' opinion on the site as it is in it's current state

What's the URL?
I swear I put the link in xD Updated post.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 01:25:03 PM »

Staff page
Donate page

For SMF it can sometimes depend on who you are hosting the website with. Some places have parts of the installer that you have to manually remove. Otherwise it would just be like any tutorial for it you see online, you upload it and run the installer.ß

I know that you use 000webhost, and that is what I am using, how did you install it? PM me please :3 It keeps giving me Cannot connect to MySQL Database or something like that.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 04:52:57 PM »

You need to setup MySQL.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 05:44:45 PM »

You need to setup MySQL.
000webhost isn't being so nice, im working on a new host to see if it's better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: