Mythruna
May 11, 2024, 08:58:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Veteran's Day!  (Read 4827 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2012, 10:31:06 PM »

Everyone! Happy Veteran's Day!

Don't forget to give a Veteran that you know a thank you for all they have done, without them, what would the world be? If you know someone who is a Veteran, such as a close relative, give them a hug, or a firm hand shake.

My Honor:
     I honor my Grandfather, Thomas Andrew Nicholson. Death at February 23, 2008. Served in the Vietnam War.
He was a proud man. I honored him deeply. He took great care of me, everything he did was not selfish. We had our good memories, and our bad. I remember having fun with him every day. He was sent to the ER because of pneumonia. As he was recovering, he had a stroke. Causing him to be a vegetable for the rest of his life. But my Grandfather and Grandmother made a deal: if either of them ever become a vegetable, they would pull the plug, and that is what happened. When the news was broke to my older sisters and I, I did not cry. Reason was that I saw this coming. The night before he went to the ER, he had trouble breathing. To say, I sensed danger. Then, on the night of the funeral, It was it. I broke. I cried out for maybe half an hour. I honor Thomas Andrew Nicholson, in celebration of Veteran's Day.

Happy Veteran's Day Everyone!
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 01:09:28 AM »

*Salutes* brave grandfather indeed. How old was he when he died? Also, happy veterans day everyone!

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 09:38:56 AM »

i too had family in the military. almost all of which are now dead.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 11:00:27 AM »

*Salutes* brave grandfather indeed. How old was he when he died? Also, happy veterans day everyone!
I believe he was 60. I remember that our grandmother told us that he was stubborn at the hospital, fighting to go take a shower.
also on the night he had to go to the hospital, he fought with them to get in the vehicle, it took like 3 people to get him in.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 12:29:45 AM »

I believe he was 60. I remember that our grandmother told us that he was stubborn at the hospital, fighting to go take a shower.
also on the night he had to go to the hospital, he fought with them to get in the vehicle, it took like 3 people to get him in.
As farfetched as that sounds, that sounds funny. Smiley Die a strong man.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 02:27:25 PM »

true, true. He never gave up. But in the end... too late..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: