Mythruna
May 16, 2024, 05:07:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Water physics demonstration. (Not in-game Mythruna(If you got your hopes up))  (Read 13915 times)
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 03:20:31 AM »

Well, isn't that a bit hard? and another idea, Paul. If you want currents... Why not simulate a round world... where if you reach one edge you pop up on the other side Cheesy Why not copy the awesome design we have now Cheesy (Earth) jkz. But, Paul didn't your plan include dynamic water... where if you built a damn, the water would find another way to go?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 06:28:22 AM »

Well, isn't that a bit hard? and another idea, Paul. If you want currents... Why not simulate a round world... where if you reach one edge you pop up on the other side Cheesy Why not copy the awesome design we have now Cheesy (Earth) jkz. But, Paul didn't your plan include dynamic water... where if you built a damn, the water would find another way to go?

Dams would effect flowing water... ie: the rivers/streams between bodies of water.  If you put a dam in a body of water then it doesn't really do anything but sit there.

@Moonkey, it's not me making the submarines... it would be the players.  I do plan to determine if objects are water tight because I'd like ships to sink if they have holes in the bottom... I'm not sure I'll  be able to do it, though.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 09:08:35 AM »

Maybe, maybe not. Dams would be nice... Maybe when you have water-falls, have a splash effect when it goes down? Like a mist effect? (Mass effect ). From what that demo (IF YOU PLAYED IT) shows, there IS blocky water. Are you planning to do what was in that tech demo of arcane worlds?

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 09:42:01 AM »

Waterfalls will splash... at least that's the idea.  If you plop a large object under a waterfall then it should divert.

A waterfall is designed to be treated like a horizontal jet of water.  The force of the jet being determined by the current flowing into it.  The physics engine will be used to roughly determine where the water would "fly" and map out the cascading.

The arcane thingy demo video looked like the water was gridded in x,y space but otherwise was using some kind of isometric surfacing.  I don't remember seeing a case where a blob of water was floating in the air... which may indicate that the water is just a grid of water heights that are then turned into a nice smooth mesh.  Mythruna water won't work that way.  I'd like to be able to support jets of water shooting straight into the air.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 11:49:37 AM »

Also if you opened the hatch in a sub under-water would it fill the inside and sink? That would be cool for pirate ship fights.

IMO, that would be necessary for pirate ship fights.
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 12:03:21 AM »

Torpedo's away Cheesy
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 07:31:00 AM »

Quote from: BenKenobiWan link=topic=660.msg3391#msg3391 date=1333046977
IMO, that would be necessary for pirate ship fights.
[/quote

Not in Garry's mod.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: