Mythruna
May 10, 2024, 11:23:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Statistics  (Read 24711 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2012, 10:57:47 AM »

also if he does a huge publicity push now...before stuff is actually implemented...who's to say someone from somewhere else doesnt go..."oh crap thats a great idea....lets add that to what we are working on" and then it would appear that paul has just been taking ideas from others...even though its the opposite.

if things get implemented first, and then goes public with those things, then people will see them and see it as an original, not just a copy

This is a concern.  Opening the kimono (so to speak) too soon has other issues, too.  A feature promised and not delivered is 100x more damaging than never having mentioned or delivered the feature.

Also, from a motivation standpoint, features already heavily discussed are that much harder to implement.  I don't get to ride the "fresh idea" wave anymore. Smiley  (see other posts on this subject of doers and talk-about-doers)
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2012, 12:29:53 PM »

With organic growth you get to met the wonderful people who fill up your forum, if you just splattered the game out everywhere you might have people try it and then just wait untill its fully finished anyway so it could be tedious publicizing the game :p

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 12:44:36 PM »

With organic growth you get to met the wonderful people who fill up your forum, if you just splattered the game out everywhere you might have people try it and then just wait untill its fully finished anyway so it could be tedious publicizing the game :p

Indeed.  I've met lots of nice people and it's interesting to see who comes and stays versus comes and leaves... and sometimes it's nice to see someone come back after a bunch of months totally off the grid.

I've also developed a thicker skin than when I started regarding "haters".  No amount of rationalization can properly prepare you for that... it's something you have to experience and "get over".
ap0r

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2012, 03:15:16 PM »

Meh, haters gonna hate.

I say take a peek, constructive criticism is always apreciated, hate, just skip over it Wink and maybe apply a suspension for being evil lol
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2012, 03:50:33 PM »

Meh, haters gonna hate.

I say take a peek, constructive criticism is always apreciated, hate, just skip over it Wink and maybe apply a suspension for being evil lol

When I first went public with the project, one bad hate comment could wipe out the good feeling of 10 nice comments.  Now, I'm just like "meh".

At some point, I fantasized about including the hate comments as quotes on the game box (hypothetically).  Most of them were so poorly worded that I thought it would be kind of funny.  "Tis game is teh dumbest. -Duduman400" or whatever.  That helped a lot.

Some of my favorites were the ones that started out telling me that I was just like minecraft before pointing out all of the things I did worse than minecraft because they were better or whatever.  "This is exactly like Minecraft except for these 10 significant differences..."  Wink  "The textures are too detailed, it doesn't look like minecraft."  "There are too many block types, it's confusing." ok, maybe now I'm making things up... Smiley

Anyway, enough of my griping. Smiley
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2012, 04:38:58 PM »

Meh, haters gonna hate.

When I first went public with the project, one bad hate comment could wipe out the good feeling of 10 nice comments.  Now, I'm just like "meh".

At some point, I fantasized about including the hate comments as quotes on the game box (hypothetically).  Most of them were so poorly worded that I thought it would be kind of funny.  "Tis game is teh dumbest. -Duduman400" or whatever.  That helped a lot.

Some of my favorites were the ones that started out telling me that I was just like minecraft before pointing out all of the things I did worse than minecraft because they were better or whatever.  "This is exactly like Minecraft except for these 10 significant differences..."  Wink  "The textures are too detailed, it doesn't look like minecraft."  "There are too many block types, it's confusing." ok, maybe now I'm making things up... Smiley

Anyway, enough of my griping. Smiley

I could read you walls of text all day.. Smiley I have total respect in you (positive comment)
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2012, 09:58:43 PM »

Paul's hatin' on his own game. Hehe. Paul sounds a bit like my older brother. He has his type of humor.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
ap0r

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2012, 10:44:13 PM »

Well as long as there are haters, it means you're making a difference.

So, embrace the haters Cheesy
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2012, 09:00:32 AM »

So are you saying that if I start posting hate comments, you'll quote me on whatever possible game packaging there might be in the future?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2012, 09:31:16 AM »

So are you saying that if I start posting hate comments, you'll quote me on whatever possible game packaging there might be in the future?

LOL.  No, I'm over it.  It was a coping mechanism. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: