Mythruna
May 24, 2024, 12:47:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fireworks  (Read 10627 times)
Ghelmaron
Donators

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2012, 01:53:25 PM »

For those outside of Canada, those of us in Canada celebrated Canada Day (July 1). My city had a fireworks display and I recorded about a minute and half of footage (the full show was almost 20 minutes).  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3FCeAFC0Gs
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 01:56:40 PM »

Happy Canada Day. Smiley
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »

Even though I live in oklahoma, I heard fireworks shoot off yesterday. (July 1st) 8 moar days till' my birthday! Whew

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
ahmadsal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 06:17:17 PM »

My city in texas does 4th of july fireworks the saturday before. Anyway, happy Canada Day
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 08:11:53 PM »

My city in texas does 4th of july fireworks the saturday before. Anyway, happy Canada Day

P.S.: I was born in Texas... though I never lived there long. Smiley  (dad was in the Navy so we moved a lot in my early childhood.)
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 05:58:15 AM »

I pulled a dick move last weekend. I was playing some secret world and kept hearing what sounded like shotgun or a large caliber gun going off. then later while in the garden I heard the same boom and it sounded really close. I live in Oklahoma on a hill with lots of trees. I became mad that someone was shooting so much so close to my house. I was worried that they didnt know I was there so I decided to shoot a couple rounds from my AK to make my presence known. Later that night I put 2 and 2 together when I saw fireworks over the tree line.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 08:25:07 AM »

I pulled a dick move last weekend. I was playing some secret world and kept hearing what sounded like shotgun or a large caliber gun going off. then later while in the garden I heard the same boom and it sounded really close. I live in Oklahoma on a hill with lots of trees. I became mad that someone was shooting so much so close to my house. I was worried that they didnt know I was there so I decided to shoot a couple rounds from my AK to make my presence known. Later that night I put 2 and 2 together when I saw fireworks over the tree line.

Hahah.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 10:12:17 PM »

I live in foresty hills too! Also, I didn't know you could own an automatic gun... Or even shoot a gun so close to other houses. :p

BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 04:17:35 PM »

I live in foresty hills too! Also, I didn't know you could own an automatic gun... Or even shoot a gun so close to other houses. :p
Are you kidding me, this is Oklahoma. We just legalized tattoos, give life for making hash Sad, and dont sell good beer but yes you can own a full auto(with permit) and shoot off your back porch(Outside city limits). I live just east of OKC but cant wait to move somewhere with better laws, less religion, and awesome weather. Im thinking Colorado, Washington, or New Mexico.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »

Just lit of a bunch of fireworks with the kids... and we all still have all of our fingers, toes, eyebrows, etc..

I'm just glad I live in a state (and in a portion of the state) where we can light off fireworks.  Nothing that flies and nothing that overly explodes (so no bottle rockets. Sad)  But we can light off all kinds of other stuff.  Many huge fountains, etc.

The kids liked them anyway... and we lit off a bunch of smoke bombs, too.  Happy 4th, everyone.
Ghelmaron
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 07:30:14 PM »

Happy July 4th to all you American-Mythrunians  Cheesy
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 07:41:35 PM »

...or as I call it: "Excuse to be a pyromaniac-day" Smiley
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 08:31:18 PM »

The best fireworks to buy are Catherine wheels

last year there all i baught for one special reason. MAKING BOMBS OUTA THEM :]]]]]

unroll them and put them inside a coke/pepsi 2L bottel light it and run like hell

at first it looks like its not doing anything because its just spiting fire and after like 15 seconds it just explodes XD. we did one and put a heavy duty thick bucket over it and shot it about 15 meters high lolol

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 09:20:53 PM »

For legal purposes, this story is probably entirely fictional... Wink

When I was younger and dumber we used to mail-order Black Cat bottle rockets by the gross.  We'd do all kinds of crazy things with them... like shoot them at each other, put 12+ of them together in one bottle and light them all off, shoot them out of tubes like a bazooka, etc..  Good times.

We stuffed one bottle so full that we couldn't get another stick in it... lit them all off.  The ones that didn't get twisted into the bundle properly ended up getting lit by the other rockets that were going off.  By the time all was said and done, we had one charred and smokey looking bottle.  We went to pick it up and it just kind of fell apart in our hands.  Good times, indeed.

This year we had some of the little snake growing things.  You light them and they make this big ashy snake growing out.  (I think this was the only type of firework they could have on that one episode of South Park).  Like a good dad, I'm showing my kids the strange things you can do with them by stacking and combining them.  And like the good little pyros in training, my kids are offering new suggestions. Smiley  Even the smoke bombs made for good imaginative ideas.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 10:26:25 PM »

Ah, black snakes. I love those things.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: