Mythruna
May 17, 2024, 08:22:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Serious computer problems  (Read 10912 times)
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2013, 01:43:35 PM »

Alright, This all started when I got a virus that is now fragmented because of me. Basically my Laptop is a mutant. Well, AVG had it's registry screwed up because of a Virus that is now half-dead-half-doing-its-job since it can't really do anything anymore but nothing has been detected. I uninstalled AVG and then reinstalled it because of registry problems. Well the problems got WORSE. It said that it was missing files, and the anti-virus couldn't find the virus bank database thingy. Well, I shut off my laptop to go to sleep and when I woke the next day, my laptop wouldn't boot up to my desktop. It said "Welcome" (That windows 7 start-up loading screen thing) when I clicked on my username. It loaded up a blank screen with nothing but my cursor. I tried starting task manager but it wouldn't even show up. I clicked log-off and it showed back to the account login screen. I clicked guest but it showed a black screen and then logged off immediately without letting me do anything. I'm making this post now in safe-mode. It runs fabulously, but looks gross since all my icons can barely fit in this 1152 x 864 resolution.

I just need some help, Because it seems I can't use an Anti-virus right now and my laptop is a nearly dead mutant. I searched on Google but nothing about this showed up in the results.

Edit: I posted this in general because it felt better that way and I meant to put other things here. Anyway, this could be moved to technical support since I wasn't paying attention.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 01:46:58 PM »

I have a question, what were you doing when you discovered the virus? Were you downloading something?
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 02:03:01 PM »

I have a question, what were you doing when you discovered the virus? Were you downloading something?

Probably something shameful.

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 02:43:17 PM »

Probably something shameful.
I thought that too xD
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 02:47:23 PM »

I asked my friend who is EXTREMELY smart at computers, he said that you are <censored> you will have to completely re-install win7.
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 07:17:00 PM »

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 09:40:33 PM »

Yeah, in general when virus infestation is so rampant the only ultimate recourse is to reinstall the operating system.  Getting it semi-functional is only so you can get your data off before wiping everything.

Good luck.  These situations are always extra nasty.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 10:20:13 PM »

Yeah, in general when virus infestation is so rampant the only ultimate recourse is to reinstall the operating system.  Getting it semi-functional is only so you can get your data off before wiping everything.

Good luck.  These situations are always extra nasty.
Once my sister was downloading emulators for pokemon games and she got a virus on our laptop. Luckily it only got to her account partition, so I just deleted hers and it was fine Tongue

Moonkey, I'm sorry for your windows 7 loss, either you can torrent a new win7, buy a new one, torrent another OS, or download ubuntu linux. I hope you don't get in any trouble.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 08:22:02 PM »

Everything is fixed now. Literally, just loaded a restore point before uninstalling AVG. I used AVG's remover tool which got rid of the things it put in my registry, and it's drivers. And installed a different one which is supposed to be somewhat better? Avira antivirus. No problems with it, and everything is running just as it did before without errors or pop-ups or nothin'. Used many anti-malware things like Malwarebytes and Kaspersky's tdss killer. All good n' happy now.

Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 01:25:07 AM »

Avira doesn't do shit on my system, except for telling me any trainer or uninstall program is a virus -.-'

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 06:58:47 AM »

Pro tip, never log into a windows machine as an administrator. That one simple rule can stop most system wide viruses.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 07:12:18 AM »

Avira doesn't do shit on my system, except for telling me any trainer or uninstall program is a virus -.-'
Haha, I've had no alerts yet so far in about 2 days.

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 08:25:11 AM »

I used to have BullDog (safe by microsoft confirmation) it thought mythruna was malware.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 06:06:30 PM »

I used to have BullDog (safe by microsoft confirmation) it thought mythruna was malware.
Well, Mythruna will suck your life away and make you want to give away large amounts of money, so it might not be so wrong.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 06:25:19 PM »

Well, Mythruna will suck your life away and make you want to give away large amounts of money, so it might not be so wrong.
Lol, not me. I am the only person in my family with a correctly-developed brain Tongue
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: