Mythruna
May 06, 2024, 04:20:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: GAME CREATING  (Read 24044 times)
Blackslash

Whats up

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2012, 12:49:14 PM »

hi paul ive been working with simple game creators and i was wondering hey im pro i need to step up i have a partner and we were wondering which program do u use

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Blackslash~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nobody is perfect therefore I am nobody
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 12:57:19 PM »

You can't become "Pro" just like that. The simple game creators are what help people if they DON'T know how to code (They do let you code though). If you want to be Pro you need to learn a coding language. (If you already did you're better than Unn. xD!!)

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 01:12:31 PM »

I program in Java and I use a programmer's text editor.  I'm "old school", hard-core, yo.
Blackslash

Whats up

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 01:21:16 PM »

You can't become "Pro" just like that. The simple game creators are what help people if they DON'T know how to code (They do let you code though). If you want to be Pro you need to learn a coding language. (If you already did you're better than Unn. xD!!)

I ALREADY KNOW HOW TO CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 01:50:51 PM »

Please with the caps. You said that quote "ive been working with simple game creators" That means that is with an application that makes game creating easier.

Paul uses Java (as he said) and so do i. I have been learning it for about 4-5 months, and got started actually doing the code from memory and no help about last week (coding about 2 months).

You say you know how to code? What language do you use? give me an example?

If you want to learn java, find a simple tutorial on youtube and take notes and watch it a couple times.
Blackslash

Whats up

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 01:54:43 PM »

Please with the caps. You said that quote "ive been working with simple game creators" That means that is with an application that makes game creating easier.

Paul uses Java (as he said) and so do i. I have been learning it for about 4-5 months, and got started actually doing the code from memory and no help about last week (coding about 2 months).

You say you know how to code? What language do you use? give me an example?

If you want to learn java, find a simple tutorial on youtube and take notes and watch it a couple times.

Have not tried coding but my teacher says im definitely ready for unity (top of the class) he says its nearly the same thing just typing everything

Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 04:13:50 PM »

Game development isnt as simple as "im going to make a game and it will be awesome. A LOT of the time requires hands off the keyboard time. A developer tool like "rpg maker" i dispise....ok yes you can create a game...but its not YOURS, find a language and make simple programs
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 04:20:12 PM »

Game development isnt as simple as "im going to make a game and it will be awesome. A LOT of the time requires hands off the keyboard time. A developer tool like "rpg maker" i dispise....ok yes you can create a game...but its not YOURS, find a language and make simple programs
Those simple RPG engines are for those that have a good storyline or concept, but can't program. Unfortunately, your story will be lost in the mass of garbage stuff people put out there. Not to mention the lack of engines versatile enough to fit your story
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 05:06:20 PM by BenKenobiWan » Logged
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 04:23:52 PM »

I was asked by a few co workers if i wanted to work on a game with the, i asked what language, they replied wit....rpg maker

I politly said "nope, but have fun"

The are good if you dont want anything "new" something that can be re created with no effort, and if you have zero experience...or if you just want to make something that will give you giggles
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 04:25:49 PM »

I was asked by a few co workers if i wanted to work on a game with the, i asked what language, they replied wit....rpg maker

I politly said "nope, but have fun"

The are good if you dont want anything "new" something that can be re created with no effort, and if you have zero experience...or if you just want to make something that will give you giggles

Faulty typing?
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 04:30:47 PM »

Ive been on the road driving over 500 miles in the past 2 days, and now have to drive another 3 hours home...im exhausted and ready for bed, plus im on my phone...so any grammar problems, look at them, like them....no love them for what they are and see what the future will bring to you once you have a family and visit parents for the holidays......now get back on topic darn it
nh_99
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 04:31:22 PM »

Unn, you should check out this book. This is how I learned java. It is from '03, but it is still pretty good.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1592730051?tag=brackeencom-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=1592730051&adid=0X1N6B364QGDHNZWASCE&&ref-refURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brackeen.com%2Fjavagamebook%2F
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 04:42:30 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/146650868X

Book and teacher next semester
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 05:47:40 PM »

Already learned (beginner's tutorial) by youtube. Thx for the offer, but i couldn't buy it if i wanted to anyways Tongue
Blackslash

Whats up

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 08:28:44 PM »

thats exactly what my partner and website said

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: