Mythruna
May 09, 2024, 04:56:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: May I Fiddle with Mythruna?  (Read 24214 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2012, 11:54:26 AM »

I would like to have permission to fiddle with the scripting of mythruna. I am still currently learning it.

If you say "yes": may you tell me where the scripting is for connecting to multi-player so i can disable it?

PS: can you tell me of a good site to learn advanced javascript? I am currently learning it from http://W3Schools.com
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 11:56:28 AM »

I would like to have permission to fiddle with the scripting of mythruna. I am still currently learning it.

If you say "yes": may you tell me where the scripting is for connecting to multi-player so i can disable it?

PS: can you tell me of a good site to learn advanced javascript? I am currently learning it from http://W3Schools.com

The scripting is in groovy.

Why do you want to disable multiplayer?
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 12:08:40 PM »

Quote from: pspeed
The scripting is in groovy
What do you mean by that?

I would just download another mythruna file, to change the scripting, so no point in multi-player.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 12:17:26 PM »

The scripting is in groovy
What do you mean by that?

Groovy is a scripting language.  All of Mythruna's scripting (the parts that are scriptable) is written in Groovy.

I would just download another mythruna file, to change the scripting, so no point in multi-player.

I don't even think you understand what you are saying.  Why would you want to take the "Multiplayer" option out of the menus?  I can see no purpose this serves to remove something for no good reason.

Anyway, it's not easily done through scripts.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 12:37:19 PM »

I havent heard of Groovy, so i searched how many scripting languages there were, and i was in total shock ._.
are you able to provide a site that gives a free tutorial on groovy? and may i see a line of code?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 01:27:23 PM »

I havent heard of Groovy, so i searched how many scripting languages there were, and i was in total shock ._.
are you able to provide a site that gives a free tutorial on groovy? and may i see a line of code?

First hit on google:
http://groovy.codehaus.org/
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 01:59:49 PM »

do i have to download groovy? if not what is the download for?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 05:55:07 PM »

I think this is probably too hard for you.
Thanos

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 06:03:27 PM »

take a look at those threads. You dont have to download anything, scripting is done via mythruna's console but I never had the time to investigate this further. Seems a little difficult.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 06:14:04 PM »

take a look at those threads. You dont have to download anything, scripting is done via mythruna's console but I never had the time to investigate this further. Seems a little difficult.

The console is a nice way to test them but you don't have to write them that way.  But you are right that you need to understand something about programming for it all to make sense.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 06:16:10 PM »

I didnt plan on using it yet, i plan on finish learning all of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. (If there are others I should learn before i start Groovy, please tell me)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 06:27:28 PM »

I didnt plan on using it yet, i plan on finish learning all of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. (If there are others I should learn before i start Groovy, please tell me)

HTML and CSS are not programming languages so they won't help at all, really.  They may be useful to learn for other reasons unrelated to Mythruna modding.

JavaScript is the closest since it's an actual programming language.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 09:09:49 PM »

HTML and CSS are not programming languages so they won't help at all, really.  They may be useful to learn for other reasons unrelated to Mythruna modding.

JavaScript is the closest since it's an actual programming language.
I mentioned HTML and CSS because at W3Schools they say you need to understand them to learn javascript.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 04:49:07 AM »

Really? My older brother has a "Java" book and you don't need to know HTML or CSS to learn it. It's a great book, and it teaches you how to use Java Smiley. I know basic code for Java type stuff. (Didn't learn it from the book Smiley) Like,

setPos(1, 5, Cool;
or
ifEntity1Pos = (1, 6, Cool: setEntity2Pos(2, 6, 9);

Or something like that... Cheesy.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 09:50:17 AM »

You have FBI Agents in your code, Moonkey. Tongue
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: