Mythruna
May 16, 2024, 09:23:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: npc questions  (Read 64866 times)
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2013, 02:47:04 PM »

All of the above aren't planned because we really aren't at that point yet.
Yeah. I'd say NO to the last one, cus how would someone know if you stole it or not? I mean if it's a specific sword with a name, sure, you'd have to fence it... if it's a bunch of bread, who would know? Or a broom, :|.... pesky guards always got me for that... Now, time to enjoy my sweet- GUARDS! MY SWEET RAWR WAS STOLEN AGAIN!!!!
sorry about asking pspeed soooooo many questions

by the way if you have a cool weapon design idea i made a thread for posting a description of their design(and pspeed said you can make custom weapons so I'm not speculating anymore)
He said if he gets his way, you will be able to make custom weapons. Nothing can be set in stone though until it is actually done.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2013, 02:38:00 PM »

when i play skyrim a question keeps on popping into my mind about mythruna if you walk into npcs faces and get up in there face will they get annoyed with you?
example skyrim i walk into an npcs face and they go 'huh' and back up

Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2013, 03:32:48 PM »

when i play skyrim a question keeps on popping into my mind about mythruna if you walk into npcs faces and get up in there face will they get annoyed with you?
example skyrim i walk into an npcs face and they go 'huh' and back up
Try shouting xD That's awesome xD... except when you're full of loot and overweight and need it to get to a shop to sell stuff.... THAT, was NOT worth the weight!
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2013, 07:43:06 PM »

will npcs be able to breed to make more npcs?
also if a player and an npc are the same race can they breed to make more npcs as well?

Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2013, 07:48:54 PM »

also if a player and an npc are the same race can they breed to make more npcs as well?
I must admit, that is a very odd question...

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2013, 07:56:57 PM »

we would all have to admit that.
Maybe we could have it as it to be possible, but without getting to far into the "actions" but have the NPC's be sterile against all races but their own? Or have them sterile overall! xD
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2013, 03:21:11 PM »

Maybe we could have it as it to be possible, but without getting to far into the "actions" but have the NPC's be sterile against all races but their own? Or have them sterile overall! xD
lol would the player be able to make their npc children do chores?  Tongue

Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »

lol would the player be able to make their npc children do chores?  Tongue
I'd hope so! Maybe it could be like the family mod for MC? But OFC different.... They also have it so you can marry them off to other families too! It's really neat, but a bit buggy with the chores....
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2013, 03:41:35 PM »

do npcs age and die?

if so is the player immortal?  Tongue

Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2013, 05:58:13 PM »

do npcs age and die?

if so is the player immortal?  Tongue
Sure!

No Tongue

I'd hope that if you played for 30 IG years your character would die.... I realise dwarves and elves live MUCH longer than the other races, but they didn't have as good as medicine as we do now, so they would only live as long as humans did... if they didn't treat themselves, or had food.

ANYWAY, my responces are my own opinion, I don't really know. And remember, our characters are gods coming down in a mortal form. We can respawn even! Hmm, that would be interesting... PAUL! Add in Player-NPCS. NPCS that act like Players (Runnin' aroun' and buildn' houses and having the same strength/powers as a player would) would awesome! AND THEY CAN RESPAWN! AWE YEAH! Herobrine and Brinehero as two names, +10,000 Karma points for that Paul, 10,000 points....
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2013, 09:13:43 PM »

The plan is for players to age but at a common rate that is not based on their race.  a) you will age more slowly.  b) you only age when you are playing anyway... so in multiplayer or in single player played  by multiple characters, your calendar time life could be even longer.

Player-characters are also likely sterile since they are not really from the world and not _really_ a normal member of the race.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2013, 09:17:01 PM »

I knew that at least one race would end up being sterile..
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2013, 10:22:45 PM »

None of the races are sterile.  How would they reproduce?
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2013, 01:03:18 PM »

None of the races are sterile.  How would they reproduce?
He mean's the player equivalent races.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2013, 01:22:56 PM »

I include the Player as a race Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: