Mythruna
May 12, 2024, 07:05:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how do I join the server?  (Read 6009 times)
miziziziz

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2012, 02:14:32 PM »

I have a host mythruna on game-host.org (put them together as usual) on port 4234.

how do I "put them together"? I've been looking all over but I haven't seen anything anywhere telling me how to "put them together"

(don't post the actual URL btw:
Please avoid posting the actual URL to the server.  From this experience this can increase the hacker traffic to my server by 200-300 times the normal amount... and I just can't cope with that.
)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 02:34:20 PM »

I have a host mythruna on game-host.org (put them together as usual) on port 4234.

how do I "put them together"? I've been looking all over but I haven't seen anything anywhere telling me how to "put them together"

(don't post the actual URL btw:
Please avoid posting the actual URL to the server.  From this experience this can increase the hacker traffic to my server by 200-300 times the normal amount... and I just can't cope with that.
)

Put them together like if I said put "foo" together with "bar.com" then that means "foo.bar.com".

But it shouldn't matter.  If you run the game and select multiplayer then my server is in there by default as long as you don't clear it out.
miziziziz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 03:14:29 PM »

it had something completely different, I don't remember what it was, I probably cleared it out when i was trying to join
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 03:27:50 PM »

it had something completely different, I don't remember what it was, I probably cleared it out when i was trying to join

I'm not sure how much clearer I can make the host name.  Take "mythruna" put a dot after that.  Then put "game-host.org" after that.  All in one string of letters and dots without any spaces.

I think if you run single player and type /clearopts in the chat bar that it resets all of the options, including the default host.
miziziziz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 04:14:27 PM »

nevermind, sorry forgot to say i figured it out. It was already on default, I just didn't recognize it. All I needed to know was to put that '.' there.

I'll list a few minor bugs I had after I connected, just fyi: I typed in a username and password without making an account (stupid me), and then got the notice saying it didn't exist, so I clicked on create new account and made an account. When I got back to the login page, it remembered the info from my failed attempt, but I wasn't able to login (I would click on it and nothing happened, even after retyping), the cancel button didn't work, and If I clicked 'create new account', it took me to the page, but already filled out with my info and a message saying my account was made. I manually closed Mythruna after alt tabbing, and tried again and everything was fine.

However, i alt tabbed while the server was loading, and wasn't able to get back onto the page, it would just display the FPS at the top left, while showing my desktop everywhere else.
it works fine after that, just crashed after a while though.
A lot of problems seem get fixed when I do "run as administrator"
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 04:36:36 PM »

The opening menus are a mess.  I used a third party library to handle them and it seems to only get buggier with each new release of the library.  (Like in the latest release the titles don't animate with the rest of the page.)

The "once I've got an error I can't log in until shutting down" thing is a long-standing known issue.

I will replace them all with much better menus, at some point.  Other things always seem to be more pressing.

Sorry for the trouble.  The nice thing is that by the time I replace them, multiplayer will have a server list including both the default servers, any other public servers that choose to be listed, and any previous private servers that you've connected to before.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 09:05:53 AM »

Put them together like if I said put "foo" together with "bar.com" then that means "foo.bar.com".

But it shouldn't matter.  If you run the game and select multiplayer then my server is in there by default as long as you don't clear it out.

Has your car gone foobar today? Then go to [pspeed:redacted even if it was slightly wrong] Tongue
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:12:22 AM by pspeed » Logged

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: