Mythruna
May 04, 2024, 06:30:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Music  (Read 8253 times)
RickyRicardo1117

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2013, 02:06:48 PM »

Hi,
So I ran into your game today and have been playing none stop. The fact that it's in pre-alpha astonishes me. I saw your list of soon to come things and I cried a little.(that's a good thing)

Anyways I figured you might need some help since your doing this alone. I been arranging music for a long time and I thought, why not start composing my own pieces for use in video games and what not. So I wrote  a piece and if you like it it's all yours. If you'd like more or something different I'm on it.

I not looking for money, I'm just a college student a bit bored over the summer.

https://soundcloud.com/rickyricardo1117/flow

belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 06:39:49 PM »

That sounds AMAZING to have somewhere in the game! has almost a victorian-ish feel to it...

I say this would be great for a menu of some sort, like when someone is explaining a quest or if you're selling something... or better yet any menu that's during gameplay.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 08:00:24 PM »

I digg it

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 08:52:53 PM »

I feel the floooow baby.... *Zones out and grows magic dreadlocks* This reminds me of NWN and DnD! So good man! I'd love to help in the music too, but I'm sure he's got it handled :3
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 09:39:29 PM »

Hi,
So I ran into your game today and have been playing none stop. The fact that it's in pre-alpha astonishes me. I saw your list of soon to come things and I cried a little.(that's a good thing)

Anyways I figured you might need some help since your doing this alone. I been arranging music for a long time and I thought, why not start composing my own pieces for use in video games and what not. So I wrote  a piece and if you like it it's all yours. If you'd like more or something different I'm on it.

I not looking for money, I'm just a college student a bit bored over the summer.

https://soundcloud.com/rickyricardo1117/flow

Welcome to the game and I'm glad you are enjoying it.

The music sounds nice.  It would definitely make a good background for the right kind of scene.  With different instrumentation, I could even see it as an underwater theme or something.

So far I have all of the core music following a couple of related themes and using more symphonic orchestrations but when music is actually added to the game then it will be based on contextual cues.  At that point there will be a simple modder's format for incorporating music packs along with descriptors on what context certain music should play.

It's at that time that I will be entertaining the idea of accepting outside music contributions or the music could even stand as its own mod pack.  In the mean time, keep up the good work. Smiley
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 12:53:56 AM »

This music gives a really nice setting, though it's still a bit midi-ish.

Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 08:13:51 AM »

Reminds me of the legend of zelda somewhat. I like it.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 09:49:34 AM »

Sounds very nice.
RickyRicardo1117

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 12:27:18 PM »

Woah, wasn't expecting such positive feedback on first attempt at composing. I'm glad everyone liked. I composed 8 other pieces since I posted this...and I thank Mythruna for inspiring me to compose all the sudden. If you want to check out the rest heres the link to my current pieces which I update constanlty. https://soundcloud.com/rickyricardo1117/sets/original-works.

Pspeed,
Sounds good! Can't wait to see everything implemented on the final work!

Once again thanks for all the positive feedback!!! Grin
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 08:05:05 AM »

Woah, wasn't expecting such positive feedback on first attempt at composing. I'm glad everyone liked. I composed 8 other pieces since I posted this...and I thank Mythruna for inspiring me to compose all the sudden. If you want to check out the rest heres the link to my current pieces which I update constanlty. https://soundcloud.com/rickyricardo1117/sets/original-works.

Once again thanks for all the positive feedback!!! Grin
Overall, pretty good!
Silibus, Sneak, Strum, and Flow are good, but sound a little unpolished. I don't know exactly how to help this, though.
Savannah is quite good, but could use a bit more variation in the background guitar.
Try to give Intro more of a build-up. Also, you could try adding a finishing swell followed by repeatable calm music for a menu background (just because it's called Intro)
No suggestions for Finale, but there's probably something that could be improved Tongue
Strum sounds great at first, but quickly gets repetitive. Strum slowly doesn't sound quite as good because it sounds like you're stuck either having one instrument play one note, and the other changing notes, or having them changing the same notes. It's fine in the faster version, but doesn't work with the slower one.
I really like Bloom. It has good build up, and a nice melody. Maybe it could use some more variety in the Xylophone thing in the background, but the biggest improvement I can think of is to make it longer!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: