Mythruna
May 05, 2024, 01:33:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The Discussion #6 (1/15/15)  (Read 16349 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2015, 09:50:20 AM »

Man, I really need to get back into the groove of asking questions.

Anywho, as you know, there will be races in Mythruna...

What race will you  most likely be/use the most?

Is there a character you plan to play as? (I.E A roleplay character)

If so, what will they be like?

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 10:03:41 AM »

I'll be a reptilian.

My main character's name will be Arc(or  Arcanix) Pert(still thinking about how he got the last name). All I know right now is that he would hate climbing and swimming, and tends to rebel against every facet of the typical reptilian lifestyle.

And he wouldn't like  other reptilians.

Like, at all.

My build will probably use alot of magic and focus on speed when using non-magic weapons, but magic would be all about using dense, powerful attacks. If we are able to summon weapons like in Skyrim, I'd probably use those.

So yeh.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 03:46:57 PM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 11:03:20 AM »

I have so many ideas... but it's a bit unfair since I explore those when I'm thinking about design.

My top ones so far are probably a Pantherian female ranger-type character and a Simian sorcerer type.  Both based on characters in the story I was writing snippets of here earlier.

My first test character will be Fayd... sort of a human female ranger/mage.  Human because I want the max customization slots to try out stuff.  "Ranger" type of fighter/hunter character because to me those are always the best solo builds in any D&D game... and the mage/sorcerer side to test magic.  Fayd already has a long back story because I've played that character many times in many different game systems.  In my Neverwinter Nights modules, she was dragon-obsessed... but that probably won't be the case in Mythruna since that's the equivalent of a death wish. Smiley
Rex

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 11:34:39 AM »

I usually play as eclectic characters that mix different playstyles and classes. This usually ends up in a very funny to play but noobish characters that do not excel at anything and can do everything.
I remember my first Tes V character was an elven archer with heavy armor, high sneak and pick-pocketing abilities, lots of summoning spells, a mace and a sword.
I wanted to try everything.
In Mythruna I will probably try to do something similar, but more oriented to sneak and mobility. I was thinking of some sort of thief-simian with bow and (if they ever get added to the game) throwable potions. I read something about simians being able to climb one-handed, so maybe it could be possible to throw potions at enemies while hanging from the branch of a tree? That'd be awesome. Yet I will probably want to try out some magic, because shooting things from hands is fun.

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 02:24:42 PM »

I'd probably be a reptilian thief/assassin. I would use a lot of stealth to perform assassinations/steal things and long range bow attacks to pick people off from afar. I would probably make my base in a port town accessible from under water, but only after and impossible for any other race long swim. I would also try to counteract Rayblon and try to raise reptilian society Cheesy. Also Paul remind me reptilians have poisonous arm spikes right?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 02:45:29 PM by ebag51 » Logged

ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 02:31:00 PM »

I would also captain my own reptilian pirate ship. My crew would swim under the hulls of other ships and make holes in the bottom so it sinks. Then we would shoot the survivors in the water from our ship using bows. Then we would swim to the depths in groups and work together to raise treasure. We wouldn't attack reptilian ships though. GO REPTILIAN EMPIRE Cheesy

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 03:16:52 PM »

Poisonous spikes = no.  They have bonuses in understanding poisons but I'm still not even sure if they will have poisonous bites or not.  It becomes a balance issue later.

...do remember that they are cold blooded, though.  Except in the tropics, deep ocean may not be easily accessible... at least not quickly.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 03:48:12 PM »

I would also try to counteract Rayblon and try to raise reptilian society Cheesy.

*Hovers finger fist over ion cannon button*

ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 05:51:48 PM »

LOL, if I can I will try for peace first Rayblon. Tongue

ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 05:55:34 PM »

Poisonous spikes = no.  They have bonuses in understanding poisons but I'm still not even sure if they will have poisonous bites or not.  It becomes a balance issue later.

...do remember that they are cold blooded, though.  Except in the tropics, deep ocean may not be easily accessible... at least not quickly.
Fine I'll be a tropical reptilian pirate captain. Tongue

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 12:00:35 AM »

Poisonous spikes = no.  They have bonuses in understanding poisons but I'm still not even sure if they will have poisonous bites or not.  It becomes a balance issue later.

...do remember that they are cold blooded, though.  Except in the tropics, deep ocean may not be easily accessible... at least not quickly.
Fine I'll be a tropical reptilian pirate captain. Tongue

Technically if you get a large amount of crystals and are smart enough to be able to use them, you should be able to use them as heat sources.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 12:41:42 AM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 02:04:41 AM »

Technically if you get a large amount of crystals and are smart enough to be able to use them, you should be able to use them as heat sources.

...sure... but you have to get your energy from somewhere.  It can't be created from thin air.  You can convert it (at a loss) but it has to originate as something.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 03:30:36 AM »

...sure... but you have to get your energy from somewhere.  It can't be created from thin air.  You can convert it (at a loss) but it has to originate as something.

Speaking of, how WOULD one charge their crystals?

Sunlight.

I
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 04:26:51 AM by Rayblon » Logged

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2015, 08:11:52 AM »

Also my character would refuse to eat meat and would probably be in terrible health.

ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 08:17:03 AM »

Also my character would refuse to eat meat and would probably be in terrible health.
OMG, you are a true hypocrite reptilian. Tongue

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: