Mythruna
May 02, 2024, 10:02:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Imagine  (Read 30886 times)
Thanos

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 10:56:53 AM »

OK I tried the demos and im really impressed Cheesy I expected this to be super laggy and slow but it turned out to be just normal laggy and normal slow Tongue (had a few milliseconds latency too) The horizon is really wide and you can observe really far. Plus the graphics around you are getting better as you walk.
The JMonkey Engine 3 post process Water test is faster for sure but less detailed i guess

In conclusion: If those demos (both Jme and outerrra) were real games, I would never play them cause they are still ridiculously slow for my pc but for testing purposes and maybe fooling arround exploring the terrain are just fine Smiley
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:20:12 AM by Thanos » Logged
Thanos

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 11:11:29 AM »

Erm what do you guys think about those Unlimited dudes and their euclideon engine?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:19:32 AM by Thanos » Logged
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 12:31:11 PM »

Ugg... This IS Mythruna... On my latest travels into the future, that was a prototype of Mythruna without any animals or towns or stuff like that... Now I wonder: Who posted this video of the future?
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 12:38:21 PM »

Erm what do you guys think about those Unlimited dudes and their euclideon engine?
Many people think it's a lie, and not real... I wish it is real, and hope it is! If it is, we won't be able to tell the difference between the real world, and the game world...
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 01:13:56 PM »

This video here is more realistic, as in they have a few 'bugs'... Either that, or it's to make it more believable xD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_984443&feature=iv&src_vid=THaam5mwIR8&v=l3Sw3dnu8q8
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 01:34:28 PM »

This isn't the first time the Euclideon engine has made its way to the Mythruna forums.. :3

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 03:08:23 PM »

i saw that video a while back, the elephant statue reminded me about it, also the theory of breaking the polygons into tiny atoms.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 11:03:49 PM »

i saw that video a while back, the elephant statue reminded me about it, also the theory of breaking the polygons into tiny atoms.
On Outerra I changed the detail level of the terrain to millimeters. It got so intense that you could see cracks in the road but grass glitched out and the polygons became too small for textures to render. Polygons to Atoms = Impossible. Even if it was possible, it would be pointless amounts of used space and useless graphics. Besides, they were Voxels and not polygons in the Euclidean video. I believe in Euclidean though since who would pull a practical joke THIS huge?

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 05:25:07 AM »

i wish Mythruna's water was at least better. everything else looks at least acceptable.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Thanos

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 05:49:08 AM »

On Outerra I changed the detail level of the terrain to millimeters. It got so intense that you could see cracks in the road but grass glitched out and the polygons became too small for textures to render. Polygons to Atoms = Impossible. Even if it was possible, it would be pointless amounts of used space and useless graphics. Besides, they were Voxels and not polygons in the Euclidean video. I believe in Euclidean though since who would pull a practical joke THIS huge?

I dont know, it seems too good to be true really, They also claim that it doesn't need a lot of processing power, one of the developers is running the demo in a mediocre laptop so I dont know whats going on  Undecided
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 07:05:28 AM »

I believe in Euclidean though since who would pull a practical joke THIS huge?

It's not a practical joke.  It's a way of raising huge amounts of funding without ever having to produce anything real.  Money is a powerful motivator.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 02:18:55 PM »

In order to run atoms instead of polygons, you are going to need an extremely advanced computer. Laptops would need to be like 2x big Undecided unless you get some outer hookups to boost processor and such, i have so much to learn---STILL Roll Eyes
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2012, 02:31:55 PM »

Hey Unn, go try out Ubuntu, you might learn a thing or two about computers.  Smiley
Or better yet, build your own computer (then put Ubuntu on it Grin)

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2012, 02:40:08 PM »

Hey Unn, go try out Ubuntu, you might learn a thing or two about computers.  Smiley
Or better yet, build your own computer (then put Ubuntu on it Grin)
Done both! cept for linux i have Mint Tongue

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2012, 02:41:39 PM »

In order to run atoms instead of polygons, you are going to need an extremely advanced computer. Laptops would need to be like 2x big Undecided unless you get some outer hookups to boost processor and such, i have so much to learn---STILL Roll Eyes
Laptops + 2x big = What difference? Atomic detail would need a super computer to generate that kind of data. Procedural generating works better for lesser computers. Though it's not the best to use.
Edit: Not only that but it would take a computer the size of the USA to calculate and scan every atom on the earth.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: