Mythruna
May 12, 2024, 02:56:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Error Upon Start  (Read 12190 times)
REESE45Z

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2012, 06:51:18 PM »

I have never played Mythruna before (however I tried to a few months ago but gave up because it didn't work) then I found out there were forums and decided to get help. So whenever I start the application and hit enter game (or start, whatever it is) it closes and gives me a message in the folder which is:

Uncaught exception from thread:Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: GLSL and OpenGL2 is required for the LWJGL renderer!
   at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.initialize(LwjglRenderer.java:166)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext.initContextFirstTime(LwjglContext.java:131)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext.internalCreate(LwjglContext.java:168)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:128)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:205)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Application was not initialized.

Anyone have any idea whats up (I think its my graphics card for some reason). Please help!
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 08:09:41 PM »

Sorry you are having trouble.  Can you post the whole error log?

The error included implies that your graphics card is not capable of running the game.  This could be because it is not powerful enough or could be because the drivers are out of date.  Sometimes the rest of the error log will provide clues.
REESE45Z

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 11:13:15 AM »

Well I think that may be everything in the report, because I don't see anything else to copy and paste. Would posting the client document help???
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 12:50:56 PM »

Well I think that may be everything in the report, because I don't see anything else to copy and paste. Would posting the client document help???

Ah... it didn't even get far enough to provide more information.

Normally it would say what kind of graphics card and what the capabilities are but it doesn't even get that far because your card doesn't support OpenGL 2.  This could be because it's too old or because the drivers are not up to date.
AngelicGrim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 01:30:55 PM »

i have the same error this person has

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:210)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:873)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:782)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.createContext(LwjglDisplay.java:137)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:113)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:205)

but i know my graphics drivers are up to date, i run a nvidia geforce 6150 and it supports opengl 3.2, i cannot load the game no matter how many times i have tried to run it, i put it into full screen as well and it closes after giving me a black screen
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 02:11:27 PM »

i have the same error this person has

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:210)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:873)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:782)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.createContext(LwjglDisplay.java:137)
   at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:113)

but i know my graphics drivers are up to date, i run a nvidia geforce 6150 and it supports opengl 3.2, i cannot load the game no matter how many times i have tried to run it, i put it into full screen as well and it closes after giving me a black screen

Sorry you are having trouble.  Is there anything more in the log file?  Did you set AA to anything other than "Disabled" in the startup settings dialog?  What other settings did you use in that window?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 02:12:36 PM »

Also, is your system a laptop or a desktop machine?  Some laptops have two graphics card... a lame intel one and then the actual powerful one (like your nVidia).  And lwjgl games like Mythruna seems to consistently pick the wrong on in that case... and end  up using the lame intel one.
REESE45Z

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 06:06:40 PM »

I use one of those miniature windows laptops, I'm not sure what my graphics card is, but I'm guessing that it isn't very good.   Embarrassed

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 07:51:19 PM »

I use one of those miniature windows laptops, I'm not sure what my graphics card is, but I'm guessing that it isn't very good.   Embarrassed

I use a laptop, it had an Intel sticker on it. does yours has a sticker on it?

you said miniature. how big is miniature? i use a laptop, its a decent size. my friend has one half the size as my laptop, im sure it would not be able to process mythruna. i would say his was less than one foot in width. it is i think a Toshiba, sooo small..
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 08:47:43 PM »

I use a laptop, it had an Intel sticker on it. does yours has a sticker on it?

Note: just in case it's confusing, the intel sticker is referring to the CPU and not the graphics card, generally.

The only way to know for sure what graphics card a machine has is to go look in device manager.  In Windows 7, I can also find out by right clicking on my desktop, selecting "Screen Resolution", and then clicking "Advanced Settings".  But I don't know if that's a standard way or not.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 10:20:51 AM »

i never thought of that. in the tab "adapter" it says i think the graphics card is "AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics" if so, i have a great card  Smiley i also have "Total Available Graphics Memory: 1973 MB"
REESE45Z

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 10:42:18 AM »

By miniature I mean like a foot in length(length of the screen) and around a half a foot in width (from the top of the screen to the bottom). I'm sure this computer wasn't exactly built for gaming, but is there any possible way to play Mythruna without buying a new graphics card or computer??
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 11:06:39 AM »

By miniature I mean like a foot in length(length of the screen) and around a half a foot in width (from the top of the screen to the bottom). I'm sure this computer wasn't exactly built for gaming, but is there any possible way to play Mythruna without buying a new graphics card or computer??

maybe hook up an external hard drive, thats all i can think of.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 12:46:17 PM »

maybe hook up an external hard drive, thats all i can think of.

Sending in more memory never makes a game run faster.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 01:21:33 PM »

Sorry, probably not.

"GLSL and OpenGL2 is required"

So if there isn't a way to get that working on the machine then there will be no way to play Mythruna.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: