Mythruna
May 05, 2024, 06:04:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Life Update  (Read 23782 times)
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2013, 07:43:52 AM »

It seems (at least to me) that things are very slow nowadays on the forums, though for good reasons on Paul's account. I figured I'd ask everyone how they are doing and if anyone has started playing any new/old good games Smiley I know i've made threads like this before, and they eventually lead to nothing, but its a nice forum distraction.

As for myself, I have started playing Eternal Sonata (for the 360) and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and they are both quite enjoyable. I also got invited to the Closed Beta of Dragon's Prophet, which is an MMORPG that lets me catch and ride dragons. 'Nuff said.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 08:48:20 AM »

I just started a job, so I don't have a lot of spare time like I used to, and also I'm giving Istaria another try. That's a MMORPG that let's you BE a dragon. Nuff said.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 09:18:58 AM »

Game-wise, I lost a lot of time to that Jacksmith game a while back. Smiley

Since then, I played Skylanders Giants with my son for about 20 minutes and if I get Tomb Raider for father's day then I will disappear for a while to play that.

I'm also all caught up on my "Where's my Water?" and "Where's my Perry?" levels. Smiley
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 10:14:15 AM »

Dragons prophet is amazing, I'm also in the closed beta, open is soon though.

I've also been playing infinite crisis... A DC universe moba.  A bit fun but still a little buggy but can't expect to much at the stage it's at.

That's about it first me. Oh I'm also working on my own nes/snes style RPG written all in c++. It's going good so far, I have the battle system almost done
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 03:46:21 PM »

Recently got/beat Just Cause 2 for like $3 on steam. That was great fun. Under the Ocean is fun. I put around 20 hours in farming simulator 2013. Ive messed around with Arma 3 Alpha. Team Fortress is always a bit of quick fun. I am impatiently waiting a mythruna update and oculus rift stuff though.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 04:59:13 PM »

Recently got/beat Just Cause 2 for like $3 on steam. That was great fun. Under the Ocean is fun. I put around 20 hours in farming simulator 2013. Ive messed around with Arma 3 Alpha. Team Fortress is always a bit of quick fun. I am impatiently waiting a mythruna update and oculus rift stuff though.
arma 3 looked good, and Just Cause 2 is a really fun game, at least for awhile.

I'm also all caught up on my "Where's my Water?" and "Where's my Perry?" levels. Smiley
Whats that? also, love Tomb Raider.
Dragons prophet is amazing, I'm also in the closed beta, open is soon though.

Oh I'm also working on my own nes/snes style RPG written all in c++. It's going good so far, I have the battle system almost done
you should friend me in DP n hope you have a good story  Wink the story is a great part of why i like rpg's

Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 05:02:58 PM »

Names iggyjeckel on DP,  and story will come when I have basics done lol I have a simple story but nothing drawn out enoigh
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 05:24:59 PM »

They are puzzle games for mobiles/tables based around basically the same physics engine.  The idea is that you remove dirt with your finger to get water to some place in the level.  In "Where's my water?" you are getting it to some little crocodile's bathtub so he can take a bath.  In "Where's my Perry?" you get it to a hydro-generator so that Perry can go shooting on his way through the underground tubes. (Makes more sense if you've seen Phineas and Ferb before.)

Some of the levels get kind of complicated with pipes and bombs, rocks that turn your water to steam, ice that turns it to water again or freezes it, etc..

Along the way, you try to make water hit 3/3 of ducks (in Where's my Water?) while solving the level.

It gets pretty complicated after a while.  http://games.disney.com/wheres-my-water-app

I never found any of the puzzles overly difficult but sometimes getting all of the ducks/whatever was a bit challenging.  I usually did 4 levels per sitting for a break and to get my mind limbered up.  There are several flavors of the game in addition to Where's my Water? and Where's my Perry? and then there are the challenge levels and stuff.  I think I'm all caught up now but occasionally they add new levels.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 09:00:37 PM »

I remember seeing those apps on the disney channel commercials Cheesy
~ PS: I hate disney channel.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 09:03:29 PM »

PS: I love Disney channel.

It's the only channel with kids shows that has no real commercials. 

And most of the shows live up to a certain quality level even when their stupid.  Also, I like a lot of their animated shows like P&F and (way back in the day) Kimpossible.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 09:23:50 PM »

PS: I love Disney channel.

It's the only channel with kids shows that has no real commercials. 

And most of the shows live up to a certain quality level even when their stupid.  Also, I like a lot of their animated shows like P&F and (way back in the day) Kimpossible.
I miss the old shows, Disney channel and Cartoon Network have really changed.

I stopped watching Disney channel and Cartoon Network because:
1% - I grew up
99% - They Changed
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 04:08:56 AM »

P&F had some really funny stuff. i can't really say i like any other disney show out right now. Nothing beats Cartoon Networks old stuff though. Some of Fosters home for imaginary friends could make me rofl.

story will come when I have basics done lol I have a simple story but nothing drawn out enoigh
Maybe i could help with that at a later date  Smiley

Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 04:33:56 AM »

I might take you up on the offer.

And I love Disney, my daughter is 3 and she loves p&f,  Jake and a few other shows.

I still remember growing up and watching kids incorporated and the I thunk it was 2nd generation Mickey mouse club house
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 05:32:59 PM »

Fun fun fun! I've been playing a ton of MC knock off. Blockscape (Lost it now, too boring without survival Tongue), it has some great views! Blockade runner, just waiting until they update.. again, survival. Um, keeping a close eye on TUG! Really AWESOME idea, and I think will be a tough opponent too Mythruna. Neat stuff.

I'm also playing BTW (Better than Wolves) for Mnecraft, including the millionier (:|) mod. Uh, talked to DJoslin about his mods, and played II (A 2d hack/slash MP game he's working on) for about an hour.

Other than that, yeah, P&F is awesome. On Cartoon Network Adventure Time is a awesome show! Probably the best. No, is the best.

Last words? Right. Waiting on MYTHRUNA!!!!!!! RAWR! We should throw up a thread, and just post random things... see how many posts we can get until Mythruna updates. I'll say about 10 pages worth. That is, if everyone goes nuts on it, and doesn't double post.

EDIT: OH! And I'd like to try that Closed Beta Cheesy. No way I can get in though, can I?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 05:35:05 PM »

I kind of like Adventure Time, too... and the Regular Show (Yeahuh)... these are right on the cusp of the shows that annoy the heck out of my wife. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: