Mythruna
May 05, 2024, 12:13:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Life Update  (Read 23787 times)
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 05:52:07 PM »

I kind of like Adventure Time, too... and the Regular Show (Yeahuh)... these are right on the cusp of the shows that annoy the heck out of my wife. Smiley
XD! My mom says they're really random, but at the same time funny. :3. "Awwww. yaayaaaaaa!"
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 05:59:38 PM »

I kind of like Adventure Time, too... and the Regular Show (Yeahuh)... these are right on the cusp of the shows that annoy the heck out of my wife. Smiley
XD! My mom says they're really random, but at the same time funny. :3. "Awwww. yaayaaaaaa!"
They're decent, but what has really changed them is "The Amazing World of Gumball" and "Half Naked Animals"
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 06:09:05 PM »

I actually like the Amazing World of Gumball... it's really stupid but I laugh sometimes.  I would not choose to watch it but I don't mind sitting with my son when he watches.

I cannot say the same about Annoying Orange.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 06:11:29 PM »

I do have to admit, there is a part of me that chuckles inside whenever I see a 12 year old talk about "Way back when, X used to be good."

...like when my little girl talks about when she was little.  "When I was little, we went to that park..."  She's been doing that since she was 5. Smiley
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 06:18:09 PM »

I do have to admit, there is a part of me that chuckles inside whenever I see a 12 year old talk about "Way back when, X used to be good."

...like when my little girl talks about when she was little.  "When I was little, we went to that park..."  She's been doing that since she was 5. Smiley
XD I mean like, certain shows I like the concept, but shows like Spongebob and other stuff that just takes the bounds from the Laws of Physics way out of hands annoy me so much..
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 06:35:46 PM »

Heheh... I like SpongeBob, too.  I think he's older than you are, even. Smiley

I was watching SpongeBob before I even had kids.
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 06:48:32 PM »

Spongebob was my submarines mascot.

And I believe dragons prophet has beta keys on curse.com
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 09:34:32 PM »

Heheh... I like SpongeBob, too.  I think he's older than you are, even. Smiley

I was watching SpongeBob before I even had kids.
This is the episode I hate the most:

Patrick walks into the Krusty Krab, hungry for a Crabby Patty. He buys it, but to find he has no money. Spongebob says, "Hey Patrick, I will pay for it and we can share it!" He buys the krusty kid meal, and Patrick eats the whole sandwich like he always does. Patrick complains, "There is no toy with my Krusty Kid Meal! I want a refund!" Mr. Krabs comes out with an "officially licensed" toy that he came up with in 5 seconds. Over the next Bikini Bottom day, Patrick and Spongebob fight over the toy, and Patrick is not sharing. Finally they end up in the Krusty Krab fighting, Patrick says "If I can't have it, no one can!" and eats it. Then Mr. Krabs comes out like "Alright boys, you can buy another toy for ${amount}." Patrick raises his hand, "This time, its on me!" and takes Spongebob's wallet. "Hey, that's my wallet!" said Spongebob. Patrick replies, "Have you learned nothing about sharing?"

It, it just infuriates me. This proves no lesson to children. I also hate the episode that ends with:
"I guess crying does solve your problems after all."
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 09:49:48 PM »

a) SpongeBob never pretends to be a "lesson" show.

b) by pointing out what sharing taken to absurd levels looks like, they kind of do prove a point anyway.

I think my favorite episode might be the one where they learn dirty words.  Heheh.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 10:32:25 PM »

a) SpongeBob never pretends to be a "lesson" show.

b) by pointing out what sharing taken to absurd levels looks like, they kind of do prove a point anyway.

I think my favorite episode might be the one where they learn dirty words.  Heheh.
Ha yeah, where you hear all the boat noises Tongue I still watch Spongebob, but I get so annoyed by it. Back on topic, or is this the topic? Undecided
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 10:40:25 PM »

The dirty words were dolphin squeaks.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2013, 10:46:51 PM »

The dirty words were dolphin squeaks.
When Mr. Krabs was cussing it had both dolphins and boat noises "All 13 bad words!"

This is the best quality video I could find: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N9q5HRChls
Budehgong
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 01:11:17 AM »

There was a topic..

....Aaaaaand it's gone!

belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2013, 06:39:43 AM »

"floor it?"
"no no no don't floor it!"
"ok i'll floor it."
"NOOOOO!"

One of my favorite quotes to use. and i use a looooot of movie/show quotes.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2013, 06:56:13 AM »

"floor it?"
"no no no don't floor it!"
"ok i'll floor it."
"NOOOOO!"

One of my favorite quotes to use. and i use a looooot of movie/show quotes.

I love that with youtube+google I can usually find the relevant clip, too.  I also use a lot of movie quotes.  Probably more Simpsons quotes than any other but not by a wide margin. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: