Mythruna
May 20, 2024, 02:23:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: paid suggestion/question  (Read 7158 times)
ekimebag

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2012, 03:19:54 PM »

Hi i don't know if this was already asked, but when you make it pay to play will you make it so that the people who had the pre alpha and already downloaded the game, get it for free? This may seem like a stupid question, but i was just curious because i know some other games did this so i wanted to know if you were going to.]

Thank you
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 03:35:45 PM »

I believe Paul will make us pay for it, when it gets to alpha.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 03:55:17 PM »

Everyone must pay if they want the full version.

The public server that you play on now will always be a build mode server (not the full RPG game) and there will always be some free access to it.  At least that's the plan.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 04:18:25 PM »

Just a note: Paul's game will be Pay once. Or is P2P play once, and not Monthly fee?

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 04:38:37 PM »

Just a note: Paul's game will be Pay once. Or is P2P play once, and not Monthly fee?

Correct.

Edit: and P2P can mean both so it's confusing.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 07:53:05 PM »

I hate monthly fee games. But those are mostly MMO's which I never play. But Mythruna soon will be Smiley. Most F2P games are also usually MMO's like Tribes Ascend. Cheesy

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »

Just to follow up for total clarification:

1) A Mythruna client license will be a one time fee.  Right now you can get it for $10 if you donate.  It is targeted to be $15 when the game hits alpha.  The price may change but $10 donations always lock in that price.

2) Other servers from other players may charge subscriptions for their servers.  I plan to always run a free public server (or two).  While I have no direct plans for such, I may also additionally run a subscription based server.  (If so then mostly to test the subscription system and cover hosting costs.)  The current plan is to host the current public server for free and available to free clients... and a second public server only available to full-game clients (the ones mentioned in number 1) that has all of the RPG elements enabled.

3) Other players may sell mods/add-ons in the (one day) Mythruna store.  This is, of course, separate from the one time fee mentioned in number 1.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 03:44:42 AM »

Just to make sure: Will physics make it into the free version? Because: That will satisfy me. Also, if the game releases with AI, Combat, etc (Or alpha). Will you make a time-trial, or demo? I hope modders create a basic RPG mode for the free version Smiley. Or better yet, survival mode like Stranded 2.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 05:43:29 AM »

Just to make sure: Will physics make it into the free version? Because: That will satisfy me. Also, if the game releases with AI, Combat, etc (Or alpha). Will you make a time-trial, or demo? I hope modders create a basic RPG mode for the free version Smiley. Or better yet, survival mode like Stranded 2.

Not all physics will make it into the free version or the current public server.  I may have to arbitrarily limit players to a handful of physical objects.  A single physical object will use a lot of resources and in the real game they will cost money or resources which is a natural limiter.

I may allow one vehicle per player (or it may be based on admin grants so that we don't have 1000 floating hunks of junk all over) and only three or four physical objects.

I also don't know how much support for player mods there will be in the free version.  Official registered mod support will almost certainly require a mythruna.com account.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 05:48:19 AM »

Smiley Ok, thanks for the response.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: