Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 02:09:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Economics!  (Read 8452 times)
winner10

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2012, 07:36:59 PM »

So i began Thinking of pauls Farming theory and was Obsessed with it. And then i began to Think about economics So here are the Three things i will mainly talk about
1: Currency!
2: The " Economic Sustainabillity "
3: The " Tradeskill " Sustanibillty theory

1: Alright well. Assuming paul Puts a currency into the final Game ( he may or may not. ) Im going to assume That the stander unit of Currency is the Pence ( Oldschool chinese Dollar! ) And there are three types of pence The first being copper pence which The most will be produced of. Then we have silver pence which is Not as common but still Uncommon and then We have Gold pence which is Pretty rare
Now im going to assume A average taxation/Land rent/House rent/Misc-food,Other stuff, Is about 50 Silver pence and a few Copper pence. Now Saying that a town of 50 People ( npc and Reguler ) has about a treasury Of about 25 Gold pence and a few Silver pence(s) Now assuming that the Town has a tax of 2% On everything They might make a gold a season ( Not sure maybe a 2 Week period in the game? Not sure. ) and then we Have property tax which Would be 20 Pence per House plot and With 50 x 20 that would be, 10 Gold by my calculation So the town Makes about 11 gold Pence per Season not including Town spending.
1a: Now about the Land rent. Thinking about this some more. Land farther away from The town(s) Is virtually free by my Count. so Really land rent Doesnt matter as long as you Dont live in a town. Next i decided to think about What a town Would spend, I thought about this a bit and I came up with about 60 silver Pence per Town worker ( Assuming the town has 3 workers ( A maintence dude a General Millitary man and a Mayor ( The town would end up Paying 1.8 Gold pence in Wages. ) Now if the Town spends 1.8 gold pence In wages it has about 9.2 Gold pence left to spend it on. What to spend it on you Say? Well we always have to Give a fraction of that to the Country that owns the town. So im thinking a 20% Taking of the towns revenue And thats about 2.2 Gold pence taken from the town. Now the town has 7.0 Gold pence to spare. Now we The town has to Pay for gear For the millitary and Tools for the maintence worker and Scrolls and books for the Mayor. And assuming all That costs 4 Gold pence. Now the town has 3 Gold pence to spare. Now the town can Either invest in a Bigger town infastructure ( Roads etc... ) Or maybe hiring More workers. Im not too sure but Generally speaking thats 3 Gold pence per Season ( 2 weeks In game. ) Now that doesnt Include Emergencys such as if a Flu were to break out in the Region... Then the town would Probaly start losing money.

2: Now we have the " Economic sustainabillty " This i was really Questioning because Assuming Really... if you think about it A town at the Middle of the server would have the Hardest time producing Ores because there would be none left! And then people Would have to move further out thus making the Towards the center Towns worthless! Now the problem with this is that A: Ores are not Replenishable and Again if a ore were To be smelted a certain % Of the ore would be lost because Ore is not 100% Of a block ( There could be certain quality ore blocks. ) Which then reduces The amount of smelted ore Coming out and making the Not replenishable resource Even more expensive. Then we have trees! Now trees are Obiviously replenishable So i thought about how bout the Towards the center towns Produce wood and the outer towns Produce ores and such. Now wood Would probaly Flood the market because It can be harvested faster and is replenishable making Wood cheap and Ore High price. How this affects You, You say? Well it affects You because if you need a Copper hoe For your farm its Going to cost you even MORE! ( Wow... Maybe a extra 2 Copper pence more? Probaly not. ) So that leads me to believe th

Okay so i My first thought was about the farmer and his Sort of income so i decided That A farmer should be Able to grow crops All year Round ( Except for winter. Duh! ) Basicly if a Farmer were to start Out how would he get His seeds? Thats one problem i occured With farming income sustainabillity and So i thought If he starts out with atleast 10 Of each crop ( Im thinking Corn,wheat, And Potaetoes )
So were Going to assume that the Currency for

MORE TO COME LATER.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 07:48:22 PM »

I kind of already thought of a name for money a while back, i used the name "Runa(s)" as in mythRUNA. Make sense?
I would guess that a copper pence is worth 1; silver pence: 5; gold: 10;

Here is what I have for info for my town on paul's server: http://mythruna-unnaturallife.webs.com
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 08:09:24 PM »

Currency: a single coin denomination.  That's it.  Every game I've played with different levels of currency either made you keep track of all of the different change in your pockets (lame) or made it meaningless because you could exchange it at any time.  Might as well just set the minimum coin amount and make things worth more.

Mythruna mines will only tap out if the player mines them all up.  Players are super-beings in comparison to the normal populace.  A single non-player character (NPC) can probably not remove even one block a day from a mine.  But as everything else, it will be a balancing act.  And I may just make it so that NPCs never actually remove mined blocks unless they are digging tunnels.

...anyway, even if a mine taps out then they will just import it from somewhere else.  And if that town doesn't have it then it will import from the next town over.  Eventually someone will have the ability to produce extra ore.

All things related to "how much stuff costs" will be a balancing issue after everything else is done.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 08:41:09 PM »

I noticed something weird. The ocean between my city/lab has dirt at the bottom. Basically, the bottom of the world. I have a feeling you need to tune up the y-axis if possible performance wise.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 08:59:17 PM »

I noticed something weird. The ocean between my city/lab has dirt at the bottom. Basically, the bottom of the world. I have a feeling you need to tune up the y-axis if possible performance wise.

Some of the oceans go all the way to 0.  There's nothing wrong with this performance-wise.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 09:02:20 PM »

Some of the oceans go all the way to 0.  There's nothing wrong with this performance-wise.

It was at 0. I was asking if you can change the generation height if you wanted. Because of the hastle of changing the noise generator + more.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 09:04:08 PM »

It was at 0. I was asking if you can change the generation height if you wanted. Because of the hastle of changing the noise generator + more.

I could just make the minimum block 1 instead of 0.  I just don't really care about it.  I think it kind of adds interest to the ocean right now.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 04:52:16 AM »

This reminds me, what are the dimensions of the world right now?

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 07:56:55 AM »

This reminds me, what are the dimensions of the world right now?

Height goes from 0 to 160.  Everything else is infinite.  If you are asking how big the public server is then I don't really know and it's a hard question to answer.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 01:12:30 PM »

I could just make the minimum block 1 instead of 0.  I just don't really care about it.  I think it kind of adds interest to the ocean right now.

If you go to the bottom, you have to swim to a block to get up, the 0 doesn't let you jump.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: