Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 06:18:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Projects  (Read 26587 times)
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2012, 11:35:00 AM »

Walking around the multiplayer server I have noticed amazing projects people have done. I just figured this would be a good place to tell people what we are working on.

Im currantly working on a large scale fast attack submarine. This is my first project for any of these type games, so im expecting a challenge, but should be fun
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 11:45:09 AM »

Walking around the multiplayer server I have noticed amazing projects people have done. I just figured this would be a good place to tell people what we are working on.

Im currantly working on a large scale fast attack submarine. This is my first project for any of these type games, so im expecting a challenge, but should be fun

Very cool.  I found a u-boat once a long time ago that someone made... but I don't think they ever finished it.
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 11:50:23 AM »

I was actually a machinest mate on board the uss albuquerque ssn 706

So it should look pretty cool. Just mucking around right now learning how things should be placed, but this thing will probably be around 21 blocks by 21 blocks by 60 blocks after all is done

But thats just my estimation, probably will be bigger....but I made sure I found a deep enough spot lol
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 11:56:15 AM »

I was actually a machinest mate on board the uss albuquerque ssn 706

So it should look pretty cool. Just mucking around right now learning how things should be placed, but this thing will probably be around 21 blocks by 21 blocks by 60 blocks after all is done

But thats just my estimation, probably will be bigger....but I made sure I found a deep enough spot lol

Neat... wikipedia says the real life size was 10 meters x 110 meters.  It might be an interesting challenge to try to fit a deck layout in 10 blocks wide.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Albuquerque_%28SSN-706%29
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 12:05:34 PM »

The idea I have I my head is right now its sitting at 15x15x30. after the main hull is created is how big ill know it will need to be. The nose is one of the main parts, once I get that done ill be able to know more exact sizes I will use
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 01:10:36 PM »

Do you have an image of it? if not, press F2 to take a screen shot, then upload that image to http://imgur.com/ and copy "direct link" and paste it inside the tags "" lol sorry if you already know how to do this, just very smarticlez today Wink
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 01:41:17 PM »

Well not much to take a screen shot of am, but when its done ill make sure I do
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 06:29:04 PM »

I had to look at the wiki page and had to laugh seeing that only months after being off my boat there was a case of espionage. Just thought that was crazy
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 06:49:11 PM »

i made a house on a cape... thats it for now Smiley

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 06:54:23 PM »

Does it have a cliff deck? That would be awesome
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 10:28:07 AM »

Quick question, was going to use the angles to gives my sub a more "mounded" shape, but it acts funny under water (looks like airbubbles), any fix for that or should I just improvise
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 01:11:00 PM »

Quick question, was going to use the angles to gives my sub a more "mounded" shape, but it acts funny under water (looks like airbubbles), any fix for that or should I just improvise

when water isn't blocks anymore then that will fix itself.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 01:14:29 PM »

so meaning, if you place a triangle-shaped block under water, it will make an air bubble. but you will change that to that half of the block will be filled with water in a later update?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 01:37:37 PM »

so meaning, if you place a triangle-shaped block under water, it will make an air bubble. but you will change that to that half of the block will be filled with water in a later update?

Something like that.
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 01:54:17 PM »

So continue making it rounded, and when its all fixed, admire the floating can
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: