Mythruna
April 29, 2024, 09:30:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Terrain Depth  (Read 10240 times)
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2012, 12:59:13 PM »

Something in another post got me thinking... will there be enough room vertically for large cliffsides to form near the ocean? because in my head that just looks like a beautiful addition to the landscape. plus a great place for a house!

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 01:11:03 PM »

Something in another post got me thinking... will there be enough room vertically for large cliffsides to form near the ocean? because in my head that just looks like a beautiful addition to the landscape. plus a great place for a house!

I'm imagining that right now Smiley

I would most likely say either rare or not, that is up to Paul. But if you want, you can physically make that Cheesy
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 01:12:54 PM »

Depends on what you mean by "large" I guess.  These do form naturally... though not always a shear drop.  It does happen.  There is even one place north west of spawn in world seed 0 (the same seed as the public server and the one in the single player game right now) where there is a shear cliff that is even cut with some huge gorges and underwater caves.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 01:30:04 PM »

Depends on what you mean by "large" I guess.  These do form naturally... though not always a shear drop.  It does happen.  There is even one place north west of spawn in world seed 0 (the same seed as the public server and the one in the single player game right now) where there is a shear cliff that is even cut with some huge gorges and underwater caves.
I was actually thinking really anything that, if there were not enough water between you and a block at the bottom of the cliffside, you would die if you jumped off. and i mean all naturally occurring too. Like, maybe 20 blocks up? I'd have to check how high that is. but in any case, high enough to where you can get a nice view out into the ocean  Smiley

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 01:35:30 PM »

I was actually thinking really anything that, if there were not enough water between you and a block at the bottom of the cliffside, you would die if you jumped off. and i mean all naturally occurring too. Like, maybe 20 blocks up? I'd have to check how high that is. but in any case, high enough to where you can get a nice view out into the ocean  Smiley

Yeah, it does happen.  I built my castle on the server on a cliff similar to that even.  Maybe not quite as high as that.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 01:38:17 PM »

Yeah, it does happen.  I built my castle on the server on a cliff similar to that even.  Maybe not quite as high as that.
If you can make bridges and roads generate, do you think you can make the cliffs happen sometimes too? or would that just be too hard/impossible/annoying.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 01:46:06 PM »

If you can make bridges and roads generate, do you think you can make the cliffs happen sometimes too? or would that just be too hard/impossible/annoying.

They already happen.  I'm not sure I understand.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 01:50:20 PM »

They already happen.  I'm not sure I understand.
I meant something but i'm not sure how to explain it. forget i said anything.

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 02:20:58 PM »

I think he means this:

FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 03:01:04 PM »

maby he means serious gravity defying overhands like in that other game... haha

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 03:01:50 PM »

I think he means this:

A bluff is what he's talking about. I would like canyons to appear with rivers flowing through them Smiley.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 06:02:52 PM »

If a big cave lines up right, you can see bluffs like that.

Rivers will run wherever gravity takes them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: