Mythruna
March 19, 2024, 03:59:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I create a stand alone server?  (Read 32770 times)
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 03:35:03 PM »

I guess since there us still so more that can be implemented it would be wastfull right now

Maybe when npcs get placed in, the first time someone signs in a npc can run up and play "greater“
IAmCat

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 08:28:15 PM »

If there is a better place to post stupid questions, please let me know, but I am wondering if I can play without connecting to a server at all, except of course to pick up updates? I am guessing (perhaps erroneously) that by creating a stand alone server, I can indeed play alone without being online. If so, what kind of storage do I need to run the game? Please advise, or tell me a better place to post my question.

Thanks,
Cat
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 08:45:41 PM »

If there is a better place to post stupid questions, please let me know, but I am wondering if I can play without connecting to a server at all, except of course to pick up updates? I am guessing (perhaps erroneously) that by creating a stand alone server, I can indeed play alone without being online. If so, what kind of storage do I need to run the game? Please advise, or tell me a better place to post my question.

Thanks,
Cat

You don't have to have a server to play at all.  You can just play single player.

Have you downloaded the game and tried it yet?
IAmCat

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 08:58:20 PM »

That was what I was getting at. So, I don't need the server download, then; just the Pre-alpha Test Build. Stupid question answered.

Thanks!
Cat
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 09:05:26 PM »

That was what I was getting at. So, I don't need the server download, then; just the Pre-alpha Test Build. Stupid question answered.

Thanks!
Cat
Have fun on Mythruna!
Post an introduction: http://mythruna.com/forum/index.php?board=3.0
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2015, 02:20:19 AM »

Where do I find this so called "pack" I need to download to create my own server? 
This is my first time even realizing I could do this so Im not sure how to get it started.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2015, 03:03:18 AM »

Where do I find this so called "pack" I need to download to create my own server? 
This is my first time even realizing I could do this so Im not sure how to get it started.

If you mean the server download... it's on the same page as the regular download.  Conveniently located on the "Downloads" page on Mythruna.com.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2015, 07:10:37 PM »

If you mean the server download... it's on the same page as the regular download.  Conveniently located on the "Downloads" page on Mythruna.com.

I think that's what I mean.  The first comment/question on this topic was someone mentioning having downloaded some sort of "pack" I guess that means the server download.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2015, 11:43:59 PM »

http://mythruna.com/downloads/Mythruna-Server-20120627-Windows.zip

^^Is that what I'm looking for?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2015, 12:26:50 AM »

Yes, that is the Mythruna server for windows.  So if you are trying to download a Mythruna Server for Windows then that is the link you should use.

P.S.: is there a way I could make it more obvious which link to use to download a Mythruna server for windows?  All suggestions considered as I thought it was already clear.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2015, 12:34:47 AM »

By the way, here is a more detailed tutorial someone has already made... it was in the index in the tech support section under "Index (Read this first)"

http://mythruna.com/forum/index.php?topic=1200.0
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: