Mythruna
April 18, 2024, 12:46:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Features in the Game  (Read 44458 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2012, 05:09:11 PM »

DIFFICULTY:
Would that be wise? Some people love the selection of "easy, normal, hard" but is difficulty wise? in minecraft if i see a creeper, i pause it, go to options, and switch it to peaceful, which completely ruins the game.

MOBS:
There has been talk about these, and there will be more.

RACES:
How about a new race, hmm? aqua race, you can get on land to collect resources, but you have a time limit of half a day 10-12 hours (Mythruna time.) and to regain time to stay on land, you need to be in water for at least 5 hours mythruna time to recover everything.

DESIGN:
Design will change periodically over time, we know this.

COMMANDS:
There may be more commands added, but i cannot think of anything. maybe a command to change texture. ex:
Code:
/texture //tells you the commands for /texture command
/texture current //will display your current texture.
/texture location([location]) //will change the location of all of your texture locations for example, mine may be '..\Documents\Mythruna\textures'
/texture change //you can either put the number hex number [0] these are indicated alphabetically, or you can type texturepack name.
/texture list //displays texture pack lists and the hex number.
Not sure if the '[]' are called hex numbers Tongue

RESOURCE COLLECTING:
  • Tools list and breakage, strength, ect..
Hand - unlimited attacks, 5% damage

Sword
  • Wood - 30 attacks, 10% damage
  • Stone - 45 attacks, 15% damage
  • Iron - 55 attacks, 25% damage
  • Gold - 35 attacks, 8% damage
  • Diamond - 120 attacks, 35% damage

Axe
  • Wood - 25 collections, 2x collecting
  • Stone - 40 collections, 3.5x collecting
  • Iron - 58 collections, 4x collecting
  • Gold - 30 collections, 1.5x collecting
  • Diamond - 115 collections, 5.5x collecting

..so on with collecting..

I will make another section for new items and crafting.. it will take the thought of the crafting size, and making larger sizes...
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 05:49:01 PM »

There will be no diamond swords as that's pretty ridiculous.  A diamond sword would shatter the first time you used it.

For swords you might have things like: wood, copper, iron, bronze, steel, ??

These would behave about like expected.

re: options, there will eventually be an options screen.  There will be no need to set textures in game and it's very hard to implement anyway.  Texture packs will be set with scripts through mod plug-ins.  There will be no need to specify the location of the textures since it will already be a part of the plug-in.

re: Difficulty, I don't plan to have it.  Or at least not so as you can change it mid game.  Create the world with the plug-ins you want enabled and then that's the world... so you set the difficulty when you create the world.  Turning plug-ins off later is likely to be too hard to implement properly and won't be any fun, anyway.  People can always cheat in other ways.

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 05:55:51 PM »

There will be no diamond swords as that's pretty ridiculous.  A diamond sword would shatter the first time you used it.

For swords you might have things like: wood, copper, iron, bronze, steel, ??

These would behave about like expected.

re: options, there will eventually be an options screen.  There will be no need to set textures in game and it's very hard to implement anyway.  Texture packs will be set with scripts through mod plug-ins.  There will be no need to specify the location of the textures since it will already be a part of the plug-in.

re: Difficulty, I don't plan to have it.  Or at least not so as you can change it mid game.  Create the world with the plug-ins you want enabled and then that's the world... so you set the difficulty when you create the world.  Turning plug-ins off later is likely to be too hard to implement properly and won't be any fun, anyway.  People can always cheat in other ways.

Fail, sorry, I have lately been playing minecraft, and i couldn't think of some of the essential minerals. Tongue And i did not know the how 'fragile' diamonds are. I need more thought, i am thinking of a design for crafting, I have came up with this for crafting so far

crafting bench - unspecified recipe
db crafting bench - 4 crafting benches
blueprint designer - 8 db crafting benches, in center of all is a regular crafting bench:

(()) (()) (())
(()) (  ) (())
(()) (()) (())

and Paul, I respect you very much Wink so if you don't like any ideas straight out tell me.
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 06:07:13 PM »

Of what I understand crafting will take place on multiple platforms. Ie.. Loom (cloth) forge(smelting) blacksmith anvil (shaping metal) etc etc so having a "crafting bench" would only be useful for things associated with that object

Think of skyrim, to make something you must use multiple objects to create-one item.

If im on the wrong path of thinking let me know
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 06:24:36 PM »

Of what I understand crafting will take place on multiple platforms. Ie.. Loom (cloth) forge(smelting) blacksmith anvil (shaping metal) etc etc so having a "crafting bench" would only be useful for things associated with that object

Think of skyrim, to make something you must use multiple objects to create-one item.

If im on the wrong path of thinking let me know

That's about right.  And it will be different for different materials, also.  For example, bronze casting a sword is way different than making a steel sword.  My idea is to be as accurate as I can be, throwing a little magic in here and there to make it more fun.  So smelters and blasting furnaces will be a bit simplified (magic heat) and some steps may "magically" go quicker than in real life... but if you watch documentaries on sword-making, chances are I've gotten most of my inspiration there.

This thread is funny because I've been thinking a lot about crafting lately.
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 06:34:00 PM »

I love crafting, give me a game with an amazing crafting aspect and you get me for life

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 06:40:08 PM »

I love crafting, give me a game with an amazing crafting aspect and you get me for life

Yeah, me too... and I've never really been completely happy with any crafting, ever.  The later Ultima games came close but still missed something to me.

So we'll see what that drive produces.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 06:48:21 PM »

I may think of crafting. But it will be alot more complicated than minecraft. EXAMPLE:
//Decides to want to make a steel sword
1.) Mines steel.
2.) Smelts it.
3.) Smelts steel again, allowing reshaping.
4.) spends time smelting, reshaping...
5.) reshaping...
6.) gets wood, smashes it into sticks.
7.) places steel and wood in crafting area; places together. CRAFTING COMPLETE - finished? no.
8.) sharpens blade, allowing higher strength to attacking.

That sir, is how it is done!
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »

Or

1. Find ore (lets say iron)
2. Start smelting
3. While waiting, go buy leather
4. Start crafting handle
5. Finish handle
6. Pick up heated ore
7. Find correct mold for sword, and pour liquid iron
8. Wait for cool down
9. Go hunting and eat
10. Remove sword from mold
11. Insert sword into forge and heat iron
12. Hopefully remove at correct time and hit on anvil and hammer
12b. (dont judge my b, im lazy and forgot a step) place in water
13. Repeat steps 11 and 12
14. Repeat step 13
15. Allow cooling
16. Finish sword with handle
17. Sharpen with stone
18. Sell sword for 50 gold Smiley
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 07:12:22 PM »

what i hoped was it would be like skyrim-ish but as mentioned with many more tools and workplaces. but i really didnt want it to be like skyrim where you could just use anyone's anvil. it should b a great priority to get your *own* workplaces and materials to make equipment.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 08:08:16 PM »

crafting bench - regular (128x128):

There is space at the top of the crafting square for putting 'crafting' there.
The sidebar on the side above the item list is for the armor.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 08:09:06 PM »

I may think of crafting. But it will be alot more complicated than minecraft. EXAMPLE:
//Decides to want to make a steel sword
1.) Mines steel.
2.) Smelts it.
3.) Smelts steel again, allowing reshaping.
4.) spends time smelting, reshaping...
5.) reshaping...
6.) gets wood, smashes it into sticks.
7.) places steel and wood in crafting area; places together. CRAFTING COMPLETE - finished? no.
8.) sharpens blade, allowing higher strength to attacking.

That sir, is how it is done!

You cannot mine steel... there is no such thing as steel ore.

Anyway, Iggyjeckel has it closer.  You might also make your own molds, etc..
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 08:11:33 PM »

crafting bench - regular (128x128):

There is space at the top of the crafting square for putting 'crafting' there.
The sidebar on the side above the item list is for the armor.

Take everything you know about minecraft crafting, put it in a furnace and burn it with a hot fire.  Take those ashes, burn them again.  Repeat until there is only smoke.

I will not be using anything like guesswork pattern matrix (guess the right pattern and Tadah! you get a weapon... or move the ingot and Tada! you get a broom.)  It will more resemble the current object building than it will anything minecraft has.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »

As i said before, there are doube-crafting benches. The regular one is for very simplistic things Tongue just as a note, i know you aren't trying to, i think i am getting offended -.- lol fail. I understand what you are talking about, i am just trying to help, and i am incredibly failing xD

Sorry I don't know how you collect every single ore in the world, they are found in the ground from what i know, that is it.
I agree Iggy has it better than me.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 08:17:57 PM »

Want to know why i try so hard in development? here is my reason, I want to accomplish something good in my life for once. all my life i have been doing nothing great. I need to lay off so much. I will spend 20-30 mins learning groovy now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: