Mythruna
May 01, 2024, 10:02:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Features in the Game  (Read 44597 times)
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 08:26:48 PM »

Dont be offended, and dont worry about making your "mark" on yhe world. Your 12 years old. Childhood is about making mistakes, learnjng from them, and making more mistakes.

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 08:37:11 PM »

Dont be offended, and dont worry about making your "mark" on yhe world. Your 12 years old. Childhood is about making mistakes, learnjng from them, and making more mistakes.

My mind is incredibly compiled, i seem to feel deja vu at some points. I know what the world is and what it is coming to.
I just want to look forward to something incredible in the near future. and i am TIRED AS CRAP! (sleep wise)
g'night!
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 08:45:09 PM »

Sorry if I offended you but it's a little hard to construct a well thought out diplomatic response to all of your posts.  And anyway, I'm a little sensitive about minecraft comparisons anyway... so when I see "I have a great idea!  Do it exactly like minecraft except with MOAR BOXES!" my response will be a little quick.

There are few things I can be as sure about as that I will not do crafting with a puzzle matrix.  It's not that it's bad, it just wouldn't fit the tone I'm heading for.
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 08:59:16 PM »

Correct me if wrong

Looking for a steampunk/mytholgical/D&D game with as much realism as able to

The voxel (mnecraft) view of the world is only a biproduct of the engine you are using, as well as it being the easiest way for the customizable terrain you have wanted.

The similarities of minecraft and mythruna end at the voxels. Even that wasnt based on minecraft, maybe influenced but not  to be seen as anything else.

thosr who speak of "like minecraft" is like saying the movie aliens is like war of the worlds. Both are movis with aliens after all

Mythruna to me will be an rpg with customizable terrain and a realistic feel unlike any other game. When I speak to anyone and try to explain the game I dont even bring up minecraft unless they ask about graphic, then   I say its a voxel shaped world, much like minecraft, but the similarities end there. Mining will not be the focus of the game. Just something that is possible
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 09:04:16 PM »

Just putting it out there but i think that for "craft benches" the thing that defines them is maby a certain specifically designed slab so we can create what ever looking table we want but if it has this slab in the object from the build mode it can now be used as a crafting bench, the same with furnaces cooking utilities and stuff.

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 09:05:00 PM »

Yes, that's it.

After all, from the right perspective, Minecraft is just Quake with blocks.  You still run around in a 3D world and kill stuff.  From a loose enough view, I think there are only 4 different games.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 09:08:25 PM »

Just putting it out there but i think that for "craft benches" the thing that defines them is maby a certain specifically designed slab so we can create what ever looking table we want but if it has this slab in the object from the build mode it can now be used as a crafting bench, the same with furnaces cooking utilities and stuff.

Some crafting will not require a bench at all (think wood carving).  Some crafting will require a device you might carry with you (think simple alchemy).  Some crafting will require a special bench (think turning a stave into a bow).  Some crafting will require a special apparatus that is too big to carry but is also not a "bench" (think smelting, smithing, tanning, weaving, etc.)
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 09:09:37 PM »

Final fantasy (rpg)
quake/doom (fps)
asteroids (3rd person shooter)
sports(includes racing)
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 09:12:14 PM »

Oh and will there be gem cutting? Just wondering because i love the idea of cutting gems, and either have magical properyies in them, or "soul gems"
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 09:22:30 PM »

Oh and will there be gem cutting? Just wondering because i love the idea of cutting gems, and either have magical properyies in them, or "soul gems"

I want gem cutting.  In the magic thread I talk about how different cuts will have different magic circuit properties.  Have to get the different cuts somehow.
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 09:28:25 PM »

In a game I played years ago, dark ages of camelot, they had gem crafting (called alchemy for some reason) but with the level of your'skill you would be able to cut more precisely. Obviously you would need better materials but mostly people paid me in materials. But anyways, you could have to forge high end toold and have a high end uncut gem. Still a chance to fail miserably but have a higher chance at success.

I could think of some aritmatic equation or examples if you want me to, or just throw this out
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 09:30:39 PM »

In a game I played years ago, dark ages of camelot, they had gem crafting (called alchemy for some reason) but with the level of your'skill you would be able to cut more precisely. Obviously you would need better materials but mostly people paid me in materials. But anyways, you could have to forge high end toold and have a high end uncut gem. Still a chance to fail miserably but have a higher chance at success.

I could think of some aritmatic equation or examples if you want me to, or just throw this out

I want to try to make it a skill game where your tool helps you need less skill.  And maybe dwarves can more easily see where to cut or something.  So dwarf with crappy tools may have an easier time than a human with only "pretty good" ones.

I don't know how this will be yet but that's my goal.
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 09:33:29 PM »

So set it up like a "lock pick ala skyrim" worked?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2012, 09:44:49 PM »

So set it up like a "lock pick ala skyrim" worked?

Not sure exactly, yet... and I haven't played skyrim yet.

I envision some kind of gem holder where you can see a side view and a top view at the same time.  You would have different cutters for the different kinds of cuts and somehow move the cutter in 3D (using the two separate views) to place it where you need it.  Then you somehow have to tap it right.

For cutters that are really fat or dull you'd have to place it _exactly_ on the right fracture line or risk taking off the wrong part of the gem... and you might have to tip the cutter a bit or something.  I don't know.  Just throwing ideas around.

A dwarf would have the ideal fracture lines highlighted for him... for cuts he knows how to make.  Regular players would have to guess with experience and looking at a separate template maybe.
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2012, 09:50:02 PM »

I only played skyrim for a short time but I liked the lock pick technique they used. For the xbox one joystick controled one pick, once you picked a spot you used the other stick for another pick. Find a "sweet spot" and click a button, if it was correct it opened, if not either it vibrated telling you its wrong and try again befor tool snapped, or the picks just snapped
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: