Mythruna
April 29, 2024, 04:23:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Mythruna Health Bar Design  (Read 22761 times)
Tsuku

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 10:49:57 PM »

Lose a limb? so will that work kinda like fallout (limbs crippled, can be healed) or will it be more permanent? And i it is more permanent, will there be a way to magically regenerate limbs? And lastly, after losing a limb, what are the chance of prosthetics ala full metal alchemist or doom? Tongue I'd love to have a steampunk arm... A reptilian cyberdemon! xD
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 11:06:59 PM »

Lose a limb? so will that work kinda like fallout (limbs crippled, can be healed) or will it be more permanent? And i it is more permanent, will there be a way to magically regenerate limbs? And lastly, after losing a limb, what are the chance of prosthetics ala full metal alchemist or doom? Tongue I'd love to have a steampunk arm... A reptilian cyberdemon! xD

From the previous post on the subject: "(Note: presuming limbs can be lost there will be a way to grow them back or reattach them.)"

A magic steampunk arm would be pretty neat, though.  I hadn't really thought of that.  It would probably take lots more life-force energy than a regular arm to run and/or have some other limitations.  Otherwise, everyone would be hacking off limbs. Smiley
Tsuku

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 04:01:54 AM »

Oops heh... Missed that sorry.  Embarrassed

I guess a steampunk arm could be either very expensive and difficult to acquire or have tradeoffs on dexterity (giving you a disadvantage on specific crafting types... maybe advantages on smithing? hammer-arm haha?)

I've always dreamed of having a mechanical arm...
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 04:10:39 AM »

Sound will definitely come into it but some people turn off their sound.  When you are tired you will hear yourself panting, etc..  When you are very injured you will hear your heartbeat.  When your legs are wounded you will walk/run slower.  When your sword arm is injured it will become sluggish, etc..  But people still like indicators and I think something will fade in and out on the screen as it changes.  Since I have orbs on the bottom of the screen for left and right, I will probably use those to signify taking damage to your hands/arms... like they will flash red when you take weapon damage, blue with magic damage, white when you were struck but blocked it without damage to yourself (weapon may have been damaged or not).

And if you lose a limb (if I get that working) then the orb will go away.

I think I can keep left/right damage indicated in this way and have it be more useful than a bar... but I will have to play with things when the game systems are actually working.  As it is, I have at least two different designs for how health+energy+fatigue will actually work in code.  And health already means something weird here since it's really just "life force" and not necessarily directly "how damaged am I?"  You could be missing all of your limbs and be in 100% health, for example, if the bleeding has stopped and your wounds have otherwise healed.  The game wouldn't be very fun at that point, but you'd be healthy. Smiley  (Note: presuming limbs can be lost there will be a way to grow them back or reattach them.)
so you might have it so all your limbs can be attacked/unusable? when i think of that i always think of fallout... which was very fn so something must have been right

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
ap0r

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 05:33:41 AM »

Yes.. I want the "Cyborg" perk in Mythruna, and Steampunk appendages would look way too cool. But they have to be really expensive and/or require high maintenance, so it doesn't get overpowered.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 03:29:48 PM »

Yes.. I want the "Cyborg" perk in Mythruna, and Steampunk appendages would look way too cool. But they have to be really expensive and/or require high maintenance, so it doesn't get overpowered.
most definitely. I'd think you would be weak to lightning and water, very weak, and you permanently lose some life force, making it definitely not worth chopping your own limbs off. on that note, it should be hard to lose a limb period.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 03:44:54 PM »

most definitely. I'd think you would be weak to lightning and water, very weak, and you permanently lose some life force, making it definitely not worth chopping your own limbs off. on that note, it should be hard to lose a limb period.

I the game lets you lose a limb at all then it will be easy to do just by doing something dumb.  If you walk in bare-armed and weaponless into a sword fight and don't run away then I think you are in trouble.  If you try to block a broadsword stroke with your bare forearm then I don't think you get to keep it. Smiley
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 04:02:47 PM »

I the game lets you lose a limb at all then it will be easy to do just by doing something dumb.  If you walk in bare-armed and weaponless into a sword fight and don't run away then I think you are in trouble.  If you try to block a broadsword stroke with your bare forearm then I don't think you get to keep it. Smiley
If you have ever played an rpg before (or walk into this game with any common sense), i don't think that will happen. Its all about keepin on your toes  Wink

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 04:10:41 PM »

If you have ever played an rpg before (or walk into this game with any common sense), i don't think that will happen. Its all about keepin on your toes  Wink

Exactly.  If nothing else, you get reminded that common sense is necessary and roll another character. Smiley
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 09:06:56 PM »

I'd rather lose an arm than have a broadsword stuck in my head. Smiley

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
ap0r

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 04:14:18 AM »

+1
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 04:20:20 AM »

... I guess i didn't think of it that way. but what if you lost your arm AND had a sword stuck in your head?

ap0r

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 04:31:19 AM »

... I guess i didn't think of it that way. but what if you lost your arm AND had a sword stuck in your head?

I think if the dude that wields the sword can cut your arm and get it all the way thru, you should better run? lol
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 11:23:42 AM »

I think if the dude that wields the sword can cut your arm and get it all the way thru, you should better run? lol

Exactly.  Bringing skin to a knife fight doesn't sound fun anyway.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 12:14:33 PM »

You would be beyond caring.

Re: health-indicating colors.
I think you should only use this to indicate fainting or something like that. The screen (except for the HUD) is what the character is seeing. So if your arm is bleeding, you wouldn't see red. You might start to see black or gray, though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: