Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 12:04:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: what race are you leaning towards?
human - 6 (37.5%)
simian - 1 (6.3%)
reptillian - 2 (12.5%)
avian - 2 (12.5%)
elf - 2 (12.5%)
Dwarf - 2 (12.5%)
Pantherian - 1 (6.3%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: What will your story be?  (Read 29347 times)
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2012, 02:57:14 PM »

yes, so if like you visit a simian town, should you visit the old silverback and introduce yourself. or is it just an open utopian society in which everyone is in charge of themselves
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2012, 03:51:36 PM »

Pantherian Wink

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2012, 05:04:04 PM »

Whatever state the world is in when you get there, it's been like that for a hundred years or so... the theory is that there is a relative balance.  Events might tip things after... but if you find a reptilian village right next to a human city then they get along.  Those will be the friendliest, non-mammal-flesh-eating, reptilians you've ever met.
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2012, 05:15:51 PM »

I guess what I was trying to ask is, is there a form of government within each race, so if you enter a village is there a leader among those people
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2012, 05:28:26 PM »

I guess what I was trying to ask is, is there a form of government within each race, so if you enter a village is there a leader among those people

Yes, for the tribal cultures like pantherians, reptilians, and avians, there will be the equivalent of a chieftain.  A reptilian city would have a council-based government similar to humans and simians.  Also, in contrast to tribes, a reptilian city would be generally run by the non-warrior subtype where as tribal villages are almost always run by "the strongest", ie: a warrior subtype.

Pantherians sort of elect their chiefs.

Avians it is passed down through bloodlines.

Dwarves have kings and queens... this is also bloodline related.  There is a council of ministers overseen by the ruling monarch and a king's power is not absolute.

Elves have an elected village council and keep a loose association with other elven tribes.

Humans and simians fully share government in general and have local magistrates that may or may not be arranged in a hierarchy of smaller city/town states.  Among the trading cultures, "The Triad" is the effective global rule.  These three trade guilds (farming, industry, and shipping (if I remember right)) formed "The Triad" to keep commerce flowing across the world even in times of war or disaster.  They have enough influence to force a common tongue and basic laws and rights across the towns and cities.  Only the most self-sufficient towns would ever think of shunning the triad's influence.  It is a largely beneficial relationship for all involved as the triad is who will send your town aid if there is a major issue and they will help relocate refugees should an entire populace be forced to move.

(Note: it is not at all a coincidence that the triad is pretty much doing exactly what the "global resource system" I'm coding is doing.  There is a force in the world that tries to manage the world back into balance... so I pulled "The Triad" from one of my old pencil+paper roleplaying worlds to give it a face and a name.  If you are running a town, these are the guilds you interface with for your imports and exports.  This is where you pay your taxes... and this is where you go for help (loans, etc.) should a dragon squash all of your stores and leave you starting over a winter.)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:55:51 PM by pspeed » Logged
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2012, 05:35:13 PM »

Cool, thank you for the info, sorry for the cryptic questions sometimes. If I start getting into fantasy frame if mind its hard to switch to normal language
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2012, 06:02:18 PM »

Cool, thank you for the info, sorry for the cryptic questions sometimes. If I start getting into fantasy frame if mind its hard to switch to normal language

Nah, you weren't being cryptic.  I just wanted to make sure there was no confusion about how much of the different worlds is fixed versus how much is generated.
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2012, 06:59:54 PM »

The only reason I was curious is because im writing my own collection of information regarding various topics...in case anyone has questions and dont want to search forums....and to possibly help the wiki

But anyways, thought this would be a great time for a bit more on races lol

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2012, 07:55:05 PM »

The only reason I was curious is because im writing my own collection of information regarding various topics...in case anyone has questions and dont want to search forums....and to possibly help the wiki

But anyways, thought this would be a great time for a bit more on races lol

When I have more sample pictures, I will do full write-ups on the races.  In the mean time, it's good to be collecting information. Smiley
JKybett

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2012, 03:04:22 PM »

So, would this be the place to post a backstory?

Greatest Game ever                                                      Greatest Game ever
JKybett

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2012, 03:14:34 PM »

lol. Can't even play yet (My laptop's buggered for games. Getting myself a new one next year) and I know what I want my Backstory to be :L

Greatest Game ever                                                      Greatest Game ever
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2012, 05:32:54 PM »

Backstory? Currently the game is in an effective creative mode until physics and AI are finished. We did try to do a Mythruna forum RP, but that died off a while back (because it's my turn...)
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2012, 06:16:03 PM »

Yes, get to posting on it lol
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2012, 06:38:42 PM »

If you want back stories then watch/read Game of Thrones. Smiley

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
JKybett

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2012, 11:43:10 AM »

Backstory? Currently the game is in an effective creative mode until physics and AI are finished. We did try to do a Mythruna forum RP, but that died off a while back (because it's my turn...)
What I meant is that, with this being an RPG game (when finished) it's always more fun if you give your character.... a character. And also,
Im just curious as to what everyone is going to pick. Also if you are thinking as far ahead....or just excited enough, to come up with a back story....what is it

Ill post mine when I get a chance on my comp
I already have an idea in mind for 'who' I want to be in this game. Was wondering if a)people wanna hear? b)This is where to post it?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: