Mythruna
April 28, 2024, 04:20:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: what race are you leaning towards?
human - 6 (37.5%)
simian - 1 (6.3%)
reptillian - 2 (12.5%)
avian - 2 (12.5%)
elf - 2 (12.5%)
Dwarf - 2 (12.5%)
Pantherian - 1 (6.3%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: What will your story be?  (Read 29354 times)
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2012, 12:01:32 PM »

I'd be glad to read it, and posting it here would probably be fine (we don't have very strict rules on these forums Tongue)
If it's very long you could just put a summary on here and start a new thread for the whole thing.
JKybett

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2012, 01:03:35 PM »

See, now I feel like I'll look stupid if I'm the only one posting a backstory :L

Greatest Game ever                                                      Greatest Game ever
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2012, 01:38:03 PM »

See, now I feel like I'll look stupid if I'm the only one posting a backstory :L
That, or you inspire some of us to write our own stories.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2012, 02:20:21 PM »

Backstory? Currently the game is in an effective creative mode until physics and AI are finished. We did try to do a Mythruna forum RP, but that died off a while back (because it's my turn...)
What I meant is that, with this being an RPG game (when finished) it's always more fun if you give your character.... a character. And also,

I agree... and to the extent that I can and it makes sense to, I will support a certain amount of this "in game".  Perhaps even as part of character creation if I know enough about the world at that point.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2012, 03:01:11 PM »

Backstory? Currently the game is in an effective creative mode until physics and AI are finished. We did try to do a Mythruna forum RP, but that died off a while back (because it's my turn...)
What I meant is that, with this being an RPG game (when finished) it's always more fun if you give your character.... a character. And also,

I agree... and to the extent that I can and it makes sense to, I will support a certain amount of this "in game".  Perhaps even as part of character creation if I know enough about the world at that point.
well it is *your* world. just think about it when your bored or driving or something and jot down ideas as they come. eventually you will have quite the multiverse to boast, by the time the rest is done.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2012, 03:16:05 PM »

well it is *your* world. just think about it when your bored or driving or something and jot down ideas as they come. eventually you will have quite the multiverse to boast, by the time the rest is done.

No, I mean I don't know how much of the "random" world will be available during character creation time.  I will know the immediate towns around spawn and stuff but I don't know if I will be able to find specific types of towns easily.

For example, if you were creating a dwarf and you wanted to specify your home town, parents, etc. or something.  I don't know if I will have enough information to allow that at character creation time.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2012, 03:23:49 PM »

No, I mean I don't know how much of the "random" world will be available during character creation time.  I will know the immediate towns around spawn and stuff but I don't know if I will be able to find specific types of towns easily.

For example, if you were creating a dwarf and you wanted to specify your home town, parents, etc. or something.  I don't know if I will have enough information to allow that at character creation time.
ohhh ok. well that's just a bit in depth. isn't the story that mythruna's worlds were broken apart into shards of reality (or something)? some things depend on when exactly that shattering happened

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2012, 03:26:27 PM »

ohhh ok. well that's just a bit in depth. isn't the story that mythruna's worlds were broken apart into shards of reality (or something)? some things depend on when exactly that shattering happened

It happened a long long time ago.

When your character enters the world, they are likely a "made up" person.  That doesn't mean they couldn't have a valid identity in the world.  Besides, it was just an example of where the world might influence one's decisions on a back story.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: