Mythruna
April 19, 2024, 01:40:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with Ultra Low FPS  (Read 8097 times)
BlueDragon140

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2012, 02:36:07 PM »

I have no problem running the game but once I am actually in the world the FPS drops to 1 FPS.. I tried lowering graphics and basically anything that could affect the FPS. Eventually I managed to increase it to 2 FPS but it is not playable. I also realised that when on the bottom of the world, looking down FPS soared to 60 and looking up dropped below 1. Similarily, on ground level, looking vertically up or down had 5-6 FPS but parrallel to the ground 1 FPS. The truth is that my computer is not exactly the best... but it seemed to run Minecraft in ultra low graphics and tiny render distance fairly well. If there is any way you know fro me to fix this problem (without changing PC) or had a similar one and solved it, please reply, any help is apreciated..
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 02:37:09 PM »

Pick a direction and run

In spawn town you will lag, get out and you should be ok
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 02:49:59 PM »

1.) You may need to be careful how many programs you are using on your computer at once.
2.) Your video cards may not support it that well.
3.) If you have such things as VSync on, or AA on, it may not work so well.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 04:17:58 PM »

I have no problem running the game but once I am actually in the world the FPS drops to 1 FPS.. I tried lowering graphics and basically anything that could affect the FPS. Eventually I managed to increase it to 2 FPS but it is not playable. I also realised that when on the bottom of the world, looking down FPS soared to 60 and looking up dropped below 1. Similarily, on ground level, looking vertically up or down had 5-6 FPS but parrallel to the ground 1 FPS. The truth is that my computer is not exactly the best... but it seemed to run Minecraft in ultra low graphics and tiny render distance fairly well. If there is any way you know fro me to fix this problem (without changing PC) or had a similar one and solved it, please reply, any help is apreciated..

Have you already tried using F12 to change the clip distance to minimum?

Also, F8 will turn on low quality shaders, which may help.

Is this on a laptop?  Does it maybe have two graphics cards by any chance?
BlueDragon140

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 04:35:38 PM »

Yes, it is a Laptop and only has one Graphics card. It is a simple HP G72. It is frustrating to have a corei7 Desktop configured with all the necessary hardware, sitting on the other side of the continent and being forced to use a cheap laptop... It did work but just about, my FPS is now 3-8 under normal conditions but it is still far from enjoyable to play the game in such low FPS. At least it is playable now. I can't put the Graphics lower, render distance is at 64, shaders, low and trees and grass low. I shuld also report a crash when I was on the server. The game slowed down to a hault and stopped responding. Another program that I had to measure RAM ussage reported the Game using 60% of the total RAM having my computers total RAM ussage at the time, above 95%. For the record, I have a simple 2 GB RAM. Although, running away from conjested areas of the server seemed to help at first, same as going under water, eventually it caused the crash. I do not have engaged Vsync nor Fullscreen mode and my configuration is 1280X720 & 24bpp.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 04:38:21 PM »

Sounds like the textures loading separately on screen is the problem. I had this problem with my other laptop. Looking down would make it go up to 120 fps, and looking around would average me 5-20 fps. :/

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 05:22:55 PM »

In general, single player speed is a better indicator of graphics performance.  On the public server, you have to walk almost a full kilometer to get far enough from spawn town before it stops bringing down FPS.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 10:21:43 PM »

In general, single player speed is a better indicator of graphics performance.  On the public server, you have to walk almost a full kilometer to get far enough from spawn town before it stops bringing down FPS.
Just to make sure, I want to know if he used the different /grass - es. You'll never know.

bobboy555

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 11:34:53 AM »

One tip, turn off Post-processing with F9, this almost doubled my framerates running around my little homestead in the public server from 30-40 up to 50-70. All it does is remove the glare from light sources and I beleive also from very white textures.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 01:43:39 PM »

One tip, turn off Post-processing with F9, this almost doubled my framerates running around my little homestead in the public server from 30-40 up to 50-70. All it does is remove the glare from light sources and I beleive also from very white textures.

Just a note: this will also completely remove the under water effect.

Do you run with AA set to Disabled or something higher?
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 11:37:44 PM »

How would that post-processing DOF effect work on land? Given you set focusing variables. Or would you rather use GLSL?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 12:25:50 AM »

How would that post-processing DOF effect work on land? Given you set focusing variables. Or would you rather use GLSL?

It is using GLSL... the problem is that like a real photograph, it blurs everything even the horizon, sun, moon, stars, etc.

Still, I reserve the right to use it as an extra effect in telescopes or something.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: