Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 09:11:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm thinking of incentivizing contests.  (Read 4285 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2015, 12:57:51 AM »

When people participate in them, some amazing content can come out of contests... and it has. However, and I guess I kinda knew this deep down, a pat on the back and a "good job" isn't enough due to how small Mythruna is. Honestly, I'm not too much different in that regard. So I've been thinking...

What if the winner got a copy of a steam game or something? Of course, it would come at the cost of me having to limit contests to once every few months just so the expenses are reasonable(It should be known that I don't plan on skimping on the prizes and you'd likely be seeing things with $20-$30 pricetags). So, what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:00:01 AM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 01:06:10 AM »

It could be that the active community is too small for something like this to work right now... but I guess you will be able to gauge from responses.

Personally, I wrote the game and even _I_ wouldn't chuck $20-30 a month away on advertising right now.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 01:32:18 AM »

It could be that the active community is too small for something like this to work right now... but I guess you will be able to gauge from responses.

Personally, I wrote the game and even _I_ wouldn't chuck $20-30 a month away on advertising right now.

Yeah, but you have better places to spend your money. Tongue

Money has never really been an issue for me either way, and even when I do buy a game, it just sits there 95% of the time. That said, you're probably right. The community is pretty tiny right now and even if lots more people decide to participate because they fancy the prizes, there's still no guarantee that I'll get the results that I see in my head. I might just wait until the next major update to kick things off and get people out there showcasing the new features.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: