Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 11:11:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lagg  (Read 8088 times)
Blackslash

Whats up

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2012, 01:12:13 PM »

when i play on friends omputer and login theres extreme lagg on servers and immediatly drops to 0 FPS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Blackslash~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nobody is perfect therefore I am nobody
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 03:50:05 PM »

reason: The spawn area is extremely laggy because of all of the blocks that have been placed, or something like that.
once you get out of spawn, it will not be so laggy.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 11:18:24 PM »

reason: The spawn area is extremely laggy because of all of the blocks that have been placed, or something like that.
From what I know, It is from the blocks having their each and very own independent texture.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 12:14:50 AM »

From what I know, It is from the blocks having their each and very own independent texture.

The spawn area is laggy because of object spam and because of so many buildings.  It's way overbuilt.

A block fully surrounded in dirt is only 4 vertexes and 2 triangles (for the visible surface).  A block floating in the air is 24 vertexes and 12 triangles.  So, the more faces that are exposed, the more triangles have to be drawn, etc... In other words, the more wild and complicated the building is (lots of holes and towers and stuff) the more triangles it is, the more work the GPU has to do.

Here and there, it's ok and the game copes.  Around spawn town, that's pretty much all there is every few meters... giant twisty things with lots of walls, towers, and holes... within 0.5 kilometers in all directions or so.

Between that and the 10,000 chairs that are laying around, things really slow down.

For the curious, you can hit F11 to toggle full stats.  Object count and triangle count directly affect performance.

Just to wrap things up, through most of the server world I get between 150-200 FPS on my card here.  Around spawn I get around 40 FPS.  That's how bad it is.
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 11:37:37 AM »

I thought you switched the spawn a long time ago. When I first started and had the 0-5 FPS, due to the non switching graphics card issue. you ported me to the new spawn point. And thus I got prime real estate.  Iron Island!

BTW, I haven't switched had to switch the card manually in months. I think HP fixed that issue.
<-Team Speed->

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 12:15:47 PM »

I thought you switched the spawn a long time ago. When I first started and had the 0-5 FPS, due to the non switching graphics card issue. you ported me to the new spawn point. And thus I got prime real estate.  Iron Island!

BTW, I haven't switched had to switch the card manually in months. I think HP fixed that issue.
<-Team Speed->

Nah, I won't move the spawn point until I have NPCs or some interactive statues or something to greet the player and explain why they can't edit, etc..  I will wait until the first impression of the game can be improved like that.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 03:46:19 PM »

<-Team Speed->

Nah, I won't move the spawn point until I have NPCs or some interactive statues or something to greet the player and explain why they can't edit, etc..  I will wait until the first impression of the game can be improved like that.
You just keep inspiring me..
Blackslash

Whats up

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 07:05:42 PM »

actually in the spawn its fine outside of the spawn is the problem

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 07:07:52 PM »

No, you misunderstand.

"In the spawn" means "anywhere 500-600 meters from the starting spawn point."  That whole area will be slow.  You have to walk for 5-6 minutes to get to faster areas.
Blackslash

Whats up

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 07:09:54 PM »

No, you misunderstand.

"In the spawn" means "anywhere 500-600 meters from the starting spawn point."  That whole area will be slow.  You have to walk for 5-6 minutes to get to faster areas.

oh......

Blackslash

Whats up

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 12:10:08 AM »

is there anyway to fix lagg

pspeed
Administrator