Mythruna
April 28, 2024, 05:45:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mythruna wont open.  (Read 8525 times)
Rath T'iam

Why would you name your sword "Glory Goat"?

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2012, 06:24:07 PM »

Whenever i click on the desktop icon or donwload it from the site all it will do is flash the mythruna loading whatnot then dissapear. it looks like its going to start up but then it crashes or something. there is no crash log. only oblivion.
please give whatever aid you can to a needy soul.

And you're Kruppe. You must be - who else in this city tries to eat with his nose when his mouth is filled?
                                  -Torvlad Nom

"Now, now. Quarters are cramped and nerves are frayed and Ublala's cramped brain is fraying our nerves without quarter..."
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 06:34:10 PM »

Whenever i click on the desktop icon or donwload it from the site all it will do is flash the mythruna loading whatnot then dissapear. it looks like its going to start up but then it crashes or something. there is no crash log. only oblivion.
please give whatever aid you can to a needy soul.

Sorry you are having trouble.  Do you have Java installed?
Rath T'iam

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 06:40:52 PM »

unless a new one came out, ya, i should have it.

And you're Kruppe. You must be - who else in this city tries to eat with his nose when his mouth is filled?
                                  -Torvlad Nom

"Now, now. Quarters are cramped and nerves are frayed and Ublala's cramped brain is fraying our nerves without quarter..."
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 06:48:48 PM »

unless a new one came out, ya, i should have it.

Do you know how to open up a command prompt and change to the directory where Mythruna was installed?
Rath T'iam

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 06:52:20 PM »

i do know how to open up the command prompt but i have no clue about the latter.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 06:55:31 PM by dweebgamer » Logged

-Torvlad Nom

Blackslash

Whats up

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 07:03:29 PM »

had (and still have) the same problem

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Blackslash~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nobody is perfect therefore I am nobody
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 07:06:30 PM »

Where did you unzip Mythruna?  (And you did unzip it, right?  You aren't trying to run it right out of the "Compressed folder", correct?)
Rath T'iam

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 07:21:56 PM »

all the folders are in my desktop. and im not sure if its zipped or unzipped, but i tried clicking on another one that i found and it worked. it seems to be just my desktop shortcut as far as i can see.
(i know nothing about computers, bear with me Tongue )
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 07:24:02 PM by dweebgamer » Logged

-Torvlad Nom

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 07:26:07 PM »

all the folders are in my desktop. and im not sure if its zipped or unzipped, but i tried clicking on another one that i found and it worked. it seems to be just my desktop shortcut as far as i can see.
(i know nothing about computers, bear with me Tongue )

There are too many pronouns in that paragraph for me to follow properly. Smiley

Try downloading the .zip into C:\Downloads (make the directory if it doesn't exist yet)
Use file explorer to see the Downloads directory then right-click on the .zip file.
There should be some option to Extract all or something... click it.
You should now have a directory underneath Downloads like Mythruna-20120626-Windows or whatever.
In that directory is an .exe file.  Double click it.

If that doesn't work then I will describe how to use the command line to find out more.  But it's easier if I already know what the directories are.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 01:44:04 AM »

had (and still have) the same problem

You should start your own thread for that with the problem you are having.  You've posted too many times and one of your posts messed up the history so I can't go back and see it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: