Mythruna
April 26, 2024, 04:53:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: can some one help me?  (Read 14069 times)
jacobllent

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2012, 10:25:13 PM »

mythruna is running very slow when i am playing why?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 10:27:56 PM »

mythruna is running very slow when i am playing why?

Sorry you are having trouble.  Single player or multiplayer?  Have you tried all of the things mentioned in the other threads about running slow?
jacobllent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 10:32:11 PM »

it is both single and multiplayer and yes i have tried a lot of different ones.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 10:33:24 PM »

Hmmm... those threads were not as easy to find as I'd hoped.  I was going to try to link to them.

If the slowness is because of multiplayer on my public server then it could be just that the area around spawn is full of garbage that other players have dropped and lots of tall towers and stuff.  It's the slowest part in the whole server world.

Things you can try in single or multiplayer, in order of least-debilitating to most:
-F12 three times to reduce clip to minimum
-F8 to turn on low quality shading
-try turning sound off in the game options. (may or may not help)
-Use the /trees low command in the chat bar to turn the trees ugly and blocky (but faster).
-Use the /flora low command in the chat bar to turn grass and flowers into ugly blocks.

You can also use F9 (for the moment) to turn off post-processing but that messes up some of the other effects and I don't recommend it unless it gives you significant improvement.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 10:33:49 PM »

Also, what settings are you using in the settings dialog that pops open when you run the game?
jacobllent

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 10:36:22 PM »

Statistics:
  Vertices = 0
  Triangles = 0
  Uniforms = 0
  Objects = 0
  Shaders (S) = 0
  Shaders (F) = 0
  Shaders (M) = 0
  Textures (S) = 0
  Textures (F) = 0
  Textures (M) = 0
  FrameBuffers (S) = 0
  FrameBuffers (F) = 0
  FrameBuffers (M) = 0
Application settings:
UseInput = true
AudioRenderer = LWJGL
Height = 720
Renderer = LWJGL-OpenGL2
BitsPerPixel = 24
Fullscreen = false
StencilBits = 0
DepthBits = 24
VSync = false
Frequency = -1
Width = 1280
Samples = 0
DisableJoysticks = true
FrameRate = -1

is this what you are talking about?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 10:39:56 PM »

Yeah, I was just checking.

What kind of graphics card do you have?  It should say in the same file you got that information from.  If you have a laptop does it have dual graphics cards (like an intel embedded 'light' card and a more powerful nvidia or ATI card?)

What kind of frame rate are you able to get?

The game engine isn't really that optimized yet, especially for older/lesser cards.  Other than the options above, there's not much that can be done right now.
jacobllent

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 10:42:23 PM »

Display adapter information:
Adapter:vga
Driver Version:null
Vendor:NVIDIA Corporation
Version:2.1.2
Renderer:GeForce 6150SE nForce 430/PCI/SSE2
GLSL Ver:1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 11:01:38 PM »

Your graphics card does seem to be on the older side. I recommend doing what Paul mentioned when inside the game:
-F12 three times to reduce clip to minimum
-F8 to turn on low quality shading
-try turning sound off in the game options. (may or may not help)
-Use the /trees low command in the chat bar to turn the trees ugly and blocky (but faster).
-Use the /flora low command in the chat bar to turn grass and flowers into ugly blocks.

Updating your graphics card might be worth a try but I wouldn't expect any difference from doing so.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
jacobllent

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 11:03:34 PM »

ok thanks i will try
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 11:22:01 PM »

ok thanks i will try
Since your GLSL version reaches the bare minimum requirement, try using /flora low. (Paul, I have this feeling GLSL 1.2 was the problem with my older laptop when needing to turn flora to low.)

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 12:09:22 AM »

ok thanks i will try
Since your GLSL version reaches the bare minimum requirement, try using /flora low. (Paul, I have this feeling GLSL 1.2 was the problem with my older laptop when needing to turn flora to low.)

Well, we'll never know since the grass tests weren't run.  Only the flowers use any glsl 1.2 specific features (point sprites)... but so does the fire and the stars.  Maybe I should have a mode to pop the stars on and off to see what that does.

If that's what it is, point sprites will be optional at some point for the cards that don't support them properly.  The alternative increases the memory usage somewhat and will be slower on cards that properly support them, ironically.

If that is the case then updating to the latest nVidia drivers for your card might indeed fix the issue.

Another thing to test is if you go to the bottom of the ocean where you can only see sand and rock, basically... if the frame rate improves then you are being hit by the same thing my hobbled GeForce 6200 get hit with: texture swaps.  That will improve someday but not soon.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 09:28:20 PM »

ok thanks i will try

Well, we'll never know since the grass tests weren't run.  Only the flowers use any glsl 1.2 specific features (point sprites)... but so does the fire and the stars.  Maybe I should have a mode to pop the stars on and off to see what that does.

If that's what it is, point sprites will be optional at some point for the cards that don't support them properly.  The alternative increases the memory usage somewhat and will be slower on cards that properly support them, ironically.

If that is the case then updating to the latest nVidia drivers for your card might indeed fix the issue.

Another thing to test is if you go to the bottom of the ocean where you can only see sand and rock, basically... if the frame rate improves then you are being hit by the same thing my hobbled GeForce 6200 get hit with: texture swaps.  That will improve someday but not soon.
When I turned off flora, the waving grass stops and FPS improves x10. Are you sure grass doesn't use a GLSL algorithm to wave?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 10:33:26 PM »

ok thanks i will try

When I turned off flora, the waving grass stops and FPS improves x10. Are you sure grass doesn't use a GLSL algorithm to wave?

The "algorithm" is incredibly simple.  And water, fire, stars, clouds, etc. all use something similar.  Unless we can run through turning off grass separately then I can't debug this and I already posted about that more than six months ago.  So my hands are tied until I get more data.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 02:17:47 PM »

Then having huge amounts of such wavy stuff on your screen is going to cause you problems if you have a low end computer. Unless fire was spammed on the ground like grass, we will not know.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: