Mythruna
April 26, 2024, 04:45:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: can some one help me?  (Read 14070 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 07:12:49 PM »

Then having huge amounts of such wavy stuff on your screen is going to cause you problems if you have a low end computer. Unless fire was spammed on the ground like grass, we will not know.

No, you kind of completely misunderstand how GLSL works.  The vertex shader decides where the vertexes should be and the fragment shader draws the pixels.  But every material in Mythruna sets up vertexes in the vertex shader... it's just that some also move them a little.  The algorithm is not expensive.  I have no idea why the lesser cards have a problem and unless the different types of grass are tried then we'll never know... since some of them avoid movement, etc..
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 10:28:02 PM »

Then having huge amounts of such wavy stuff on your screen is going to cause you problems if you have a low end computer. Unless fire was spammed on the ground like grass, we will not know.

No, you kind of completely misunderstand how GLSL works.  The vertex shader decides where the vertexes should be and the fragment shader draws the pixels.  But every material in Mythruna sets up vertexes in the vertex shader... it's just that some also move them a little.  The algorithm is not expensive.  I have no idea why the lesser cards have a problem and unless the different types of grass are tried then we'll never know... since some of them avoid movement, etc..
You: This algorithm is not expensive. My older laptop now owned by my little brother: You must be joking. *Goes into a low FPS spasm*. Also, it turns out that, that old laptop only over-heated because the auto temp regulator NEVER set the fans to high. Now my little brother can play a non-over-heating laptop at 42Cº when it's Idle... All those months of carefully measuring my temperature are now WASTED because I messed up the fan's speed when I got the thing.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 10:50:08 PM »

You: This algorithm is not expensive. My older laptop now owned by my little brother: You must be joking. *Goes into a low FPS spasm*. Also, it turns out that, that old laptop only over-heated because the auto temp regulator NEVER set the fans to high. Now my little brother can play a non-over-heating laptop at 42Cº when it's Idle... All those months of carefully measuring my temperature are now WASTED because I messed up the fan's speed when I got the thing.

You completely misunderstand me.

Math to do the grass, flames, flowers, and water:
x = y + 2 + z

Math to do EVERY OTHER MATERIAL IN THE WHOLE GAME:
x = y + 2

That's why I wanted you to run the different grass levels because I set different things on and off to see where the trouble comes from.

But if your laptop was overheating all the time then it would also be unstable and slow.  when my GPU overheats, a random frame can take 15 seconds to draw.  It's weird.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 02:53:22 PM »

You completely misunderstand me.

Math to do the grass, flames, flowers, and water:
x = y + 2 + z

Math to do EVERY OTHER MATERIAL IN THE WHOLE GAME:
x = y + 2

That's why I wanted you to run the different grass levels because I set different things on and off to see where the trouble comes from.

But if your laptop was overheating all the time then it would also be unstable and slow.  when my GPU overheats, a random frame can take 15 seconds to draw.  It's weird.
Sounds like the system trying to keep it from overheating by slowing things down. Guess it never could.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 07:14:06 PM »

Maybe.  It could have been the extra texture look up, also.  Until I get someone else with the same noticeable "/flora low makes my performance 10x better", I won't know.

If it was just the extra texture lookup then I could work around that in a low-quality mode and still have moving grass.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 08:29:36 PM »

98x98 texture pack?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 09:51:46 PM »

98x98 texture pack?

There is so much wrong with that question. Smiley

The extra texture lookup is for the randomization of the waving.  I use a noise texture.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 11:58:44 PM »

98x98 texture pack?

There is so much wrong with that question. Smiley

The extra texture lookup is for the randomization of the waving.  I use a noise texture.
Ah, ok. Thank you paul for the knowledge Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: