Mythruna
April 29, 2024, 03:18:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anonymous vs wbc  (Read 22124 times)
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2012, 12:58:50 PM »

My father works in Woodbury CT as a police officer and he was on duty at the time of the funeral. He said there were around 400 people that showed up to block the view of WBC. Among the large majority of people were various biker gangs and plenty of Anonymous to block the view. Since Woodbury is such a small town, the only officers on duty were my father and some other old guy although a few state police men came to assist if necessary. There was even a federal attorney present just in case fights broke out with WBC. With the lack of cops present, the mob could have messed the church up easily and that might have been why they didn't show up in the first place. When he got home that day he emphasized how respectful everybody was toward him. If he asked a group of people to leave an area because it was private property, they all did as they were told without any hassle. It's almost too bad WBC didn't show up since they would have gotten their asses handed to them.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2012, 01:56:47 PM »

Paul used a secondary swear (._., )

Link to the definition of Damnation
That word isn't necessarily as terrible as other swears. But It's not nice if you don't like swears.

"Damn!" is a swear word.  You are invoking God to send someone to hell.  Not really cool.

"Damning" and "Damnation" are not swear words.  They are used in every day English.  For example: "The smoking gun was the most damning evidence in this case."
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2012, 02:27:04 PM »

how are you saying that I am invoking The Truth? (yes, I call him 'The Truth') He knows all. There is no possible way to trick him.

Okay, thank you for letting me see 'the truth' of the word(s) Damning and Damnation, but i bet they are not appropriate for school use, I got in trouble from saying 'crap' in first hour.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: